Early Gender Predictor Kit
Have any of you ever heard of or used the "Early Gender Predictor Kit?"  I have ordered it ($25) but haven't registered it online yet ($250) which you have to do before you can get your results.  Anyways, its a finger ***** test where you send in a small amount of blood to a lab and they can tell you the sex of the baby as early as 5 weeks after conception, so roughly 7 weeks pregnant.  It's been on lots of news shows and magazines, so I'm guessing it's legit.  I'm 7 weeks today and just wanted any info before I paid my $250 and did the test.  Thanks!
Don't do it!!  The company that offers this "test" is currently under investigation and has several lawsuits pending against them.  You can go to www.npr.org and check the archives.  They were reporting on it quite a bit a few months back.
I wouldn't do it. Just wait 12 more weeks and you will find out for free.
I went to www.npr.org and searched but couldn't find anything.  I've only heard good things about this so far.  They also give a full refund if they are wrong at the time of birth.  I guess you have to mail in the birth certificate or something.  Now I'm scared to do it!  Aghhhhhh.........
Thanks, I listened to that, but I still don't know if I'm gonna do it or not.....
You'll need to have speakers on your computer, because it's an audio clip:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5235003
I bought it and read that it was quite medically accurate, and they do provide a guarantee if they're wrong. However, after reading the fine print I realized I couldn't take it since I had a miscarriage only a couple of months prior to the new pregnancy. I'd do it, since I wanted to know asap!!!!
Refuse the package or accept the $25 loss, it is a crock, a scam, and the company is loaded with lawsuits due to denials of their money back guarantee. I looked into it and once I found no less than a dozen news stories and complaints from consumers, not to mention their shady business practices, I quickly put the idea out of my mind.

Seriously, don't do it. I personally could not live with myself for giving money to a company that is so cold they have continually denied refunds to women who were not only told the wrong gender, but who also lost their babies during delivery.

Andi
I think it's impossible to tell through blood tests. If that was the case wouldn't the Dr's office offer this test just like they offer the 4-D ultrasound for $200.00 I mean there is no difference.... I would sooooooooo not do it!! Just think some women can't even get the baby to uncross their legs oin the u/s and would pay lots of money to find out the sex so they could buy clothes and decorate the nursery, so if there was a blood test to determine the sex the Dr's would already have it!! The only way the Dr's can tell is through an amnio, some of the amniotic fluid taken out of the moms belly and that's the for sure way to tell. And that is a risky procedure and it isnt done unless need be. I sure hope you don't choose to do this. I actually went to the chineese gender prediction chart which is totally free online and probably more accurate then the weirdos that are taking blood samples, but anyway this is my 4th and with all 4 it has been right! So how about try that and wait it out a few more weeks and you will get your ultrasound and know for sure. The weeks do fly by so you will get there in no time! Good luck to you and the baby!
Gender prediction tests done at home can be misued by people in India where the birth of a girl is considered to be a burden. She is killed before she is born. The saex ratio in most parts of India is a shame on humanity. Would those behind the kit give an assurance that it will never be misused? At least by Indians?
you can also go to walgreens and they have the gender prediction test for 29.99 dont pay $250.00 thats crazy