Maternal & Child Community
Early Pregnancy Detection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Early Pregnancy Detection

How early can you begin to see signs of pregnancy?  Is 5 days to soon?
your first missed period is the suppose to be the first sign of pregnancy. some get nausea before there missed period but I belive its when the good Lord wants you to have a sign lol I don't think its any certain time.
I took a test 5 days before I was due to start. Boobs were sore which was unusual and I was very very tired. Every woman is different, but I did have signs. Good luck!!!!!
I had signs before missing my period - my boobs were tender but I didn't know that was a pg sign so I didn't think about it much.  I think next time I'm pg, I'll know for sure before missing it....
Don't know about you but if I'm not pg I have malaria or something funky...lol It is too soon for me to test.  I am ssssoooooooo tired with only being awake for a few hours I can barely hold my head up at work.  I feel sick, feel like I have a head cold, and I get irritable really quick sometimes.  I don't even want to start on the headaches, I will leave that one alone.
Good luck !!
If I'm pregnant I'd only be about 6 days... Is it in my head?  I have been pregnant before and this feels awfully familiar.
Everyone is different.  The hormones are what usually makes you feel those pregnancy symptoms.  So if your body begins to produce the pregnancy hormone I would imagine you could begin to have symptoms.  

Although some pregnancy symptoms are the same as PMS so sometimes what we think are pregnancy symptoms is actually the evil witch AF trying to trick us and get our hopes up only to dash them away LOL.  Plus our mind is a great and powerful thing so I think sometimes our imagination gets the better of us and we begin to think we have symptoms that may not be there.  Anyway Good luck and I hope AF stays far away.
Well the HGC isnt secreted into your system untill baby implants which takes place 6-10 days after ovulation...Im sure their are normals with in a day or two give or take. I think I have read though that earliest syptoms (symptoms) are from extra progesterone in your system to help support pregnancy. But not really sure. But something has to have happened other than ovulation ans fertilization for true pregnancy symptoms to occur. (Implantation)
I took an early HPT 3-4 days early and got a very faint positive.  I took another 2 days later and got a nice pink line that was very visible.  There is  new test out now that you can test 5 days early.  I don't remember if it is a new EPT or a First Response.  Good Luck.
Hi there,
I noticed that you are talking about faint 2nd lines.  Just wondering what you mean by "faint" as I got one today.  It was so faint that I had to squint and hold it at a certain angle.  DH saw it too and he's not the type to "imagine" things.
Thanks!

Monica
i was wondering if you can be be pregent and it never show up on a HPT cause i feel my body changing and all of my motherly family tell me im pergo even ppl i dont know tell me i am what is your advice (i go tody to get one of them blood test done cause the **** one came up -)
has any one experienced dull lower back ache in very early pregnancy.
husband had reversal recently,and trying for baby,have three already 14,11,9.
i am now 37.
my period would be due tomorow,i am as regular as clockwork.
dont have ususal period symptoms,but the iritating lower dull back ache for about 5 days now,and i had this before missed period with others,although a long time ago.
i did test 3 days ago,but was neg,but on reflection it was way too early,i will test again in 2 days if period doesnt show.
I hope you do not think I am being nosey, but will you please let me know how the blood test goes???  My last period was on the 7th of November and if I conceived it would have been on the 21st of November.  I have not had a period since, but pregnancy tests keep coming up negative.  I am really not sure what is going on, but I have never missed periods before.  I went to the doctors today and he calculated that if I am pregnant then I would be about six weeks.  He wants me to take a water sample in tomorrow, but I am not holding out much hope that it is positive.  Sorry to burden you with my story, but I just thought I would share and let you know that I know what you are going through!  I am sooooo confused right now and everyone keeps telling me that pregnancy tests are accurate, I cry myself to sleep most nights, but then I figure that periods do not stop for no reason.  Please let me know how you get on.
Hi, I was just wondering for those of you who used first response and got a faint line exactly how faint was it ???
I don't know whether to be excited or not!!!  I used First Response this afternoon because I just couldn't wait anymore and at first I was like ok nothing too soon anyway....then I looked again and there was a faint, faint line there.  I asked dh to look and he saw it too!!  I am about 4 days away from when my cycle is supposed to start.  I would appreciate any input!!!
Thanks :)      ~Tiffany~
Hi There,

I could use some help.  I am 4 days away from getting my AF, but I have been feeling pregnant for the last week and a half.  I have done 2 blood tests and they are all negative.  I have morning sickness, moody, headaches, I'm always tired, also my pants are starting not to fit me.

My husband and I want this baby so bad, but I don't know what to think anymore.

Could I be pregnant?  Or could the blood tests be right even though I have been due for my AF Yet.

Star
Hi, I am not late for me period, but I have been nauchus for about 48 hrs. straight without vomiting. I should be ovulating right now, but instead I am feeling sick. has anyone else felt this way before? Am I pregnant? I think it is too early to show in  a test? Just looking for your opinions.
Can anyone out there relate to this?  Ok, we tried this last cycle to conceive.  My AF is due this coming Tuesday, but this dull lower back pain is absolutely killing me for at least last 4 days.  Now, I had this symptom last pregnancy (way bad cramping in lower back about 1 1/2 weeks before my AF was even due.  I lost the baby at 10 weeks.  So, in my mind, I'm wondering does these early lower back cramps mean that I probably am pg, but there is bad news to come, or could that be a "standard" sign that's ok, and possible to carry to full term, unfortunately that last baby just didn't make it...Please someone with these pains let me know that you've delivered a healthy child.
Can anyone please tell me when you can test for pregnancy using a urine sample - first time to try but the waiting is terrible
Too early for me to test yet, but have been having periodic cramping since one to two days after ov.  Has anyone else had this?  Not normal for me.
I just thought I would mention that when I got pregnant and took a pregnancy test (it was a day or two after I missed my period) it had a very faint positive line, but I was pregnant, so don't discount the faint positives.
hi, i found out useing clear blue easy that i was preg. four days after conception.
good luck
email me back if you want
***@****
-
Since trying to conceive, nearly a week ago, I have had a mucus discharge and an ovulation pain everyday since! This is very unusual for me, as I normally get a pain that lasts a day and mucus on that day only. Has anyone had this? as I am getting excited that this continuous mucus MAY be a sign of pregnancy. I'm just too early to do a test... I'd love it if someone has had what I'm talking about.. anyone?
The last time I had sex was about a week ago, in these past few days I've been feeling wierd and I can't get over how tired I am. I don't get my period for several resons but I am still able to get pregnent. With out a cycle to go by, how do I know when I can use a HPT and it still be accurate? I guess my real question is; when is the earliest to take a pregnancy test? Or should I just go to the doctor and get a blood test done?
Hi, I need some advice ASAP! My last period was 12/30-1/4/04. I missed January, and now I am missing February AF! Every test I took is negative, and the drs blood test was neg too. My mom didnt find out she was pg til she was 3 mo along, so is it possible that low HCG levels are genetic?
Anyway, I havent tested since I have been to the dr 2 weeks ago. I have never missed a period, and now I am missing two! What is going on with my body? I am 19 and engaged-and so confused.
My lower back has been hurting for 3 weeks now. I am senisitive to smells. I have no appetite (I already got my thyroid checked and that is normal) I have pains under my stomach lately; and the other night I Had so much pressure in my pubis it hurt to even walk! My nipples are sore and hard, but not my boobs. I have cried the past two nights for no reason at all...
Can anyone help me? Has anyone ever had 2 missed periods in a row and not turn out to be pg?
Thanks for your time!
I had partial penal penetration three days ago when I unknowingly happened to be ovulating and at my most ferile.  Ever since then I've had an abnormally constant amount of clear watery fluid discharge, light but noticeable uterinal/abdominal cramping, have felt unusually tired, weak, and sleepy, and have felt my breast become slightly enlarged and unusually tender. I don't know to what extent I might be acting psychosomatic and simply be undergoing a heighted awareness of normal menstral cycle changes, or to what extent I may indeed be pregnant, feeling these symtoms (symptoms) with an elevated sensitivity that may be part of becoming pregnant, despite having only partial penal penetration just days ago.  Has anyone ever felt so sensitive to becoming pregnant in so short a time? Would these be normal symptoms? Does anyone know? Please share. Thanks.
I had partial penal penetration three days ago when I unknowingly happened to be ovulating and at my most ferile.  Ever since then I've had an abnormally constant amount of clear watery fluid discharge, light but noticeable uterinal/abdominal cramping, have felt unusually tired, weak, and sleepy, and have felt my breast become slightly enlarged and unusually tender. I don't know to what extent I might be acting psychosomatic and simply be undergoing a heighted awareness of normal menstral cycle changes, or to what extent I may indeed be pregnant, feeling these symtoms (symptoms) with an elevated sensitivity that may be part of becoming pregnant, despite just having partial penal penetration just days ago.  Has anyone ever felt so sensitive to becoming pregnant in so short a time?  Please share. Thanks.
I think I might have conceived about 10 or 11 days ago. My breasts are sore and sensitive, and they seem much fuller than before. Also, the areolas around the nipples seem to have expanded in diameter.
It might be completely unrelated but I also have two nagging mouth ulcers (and I hadn't had any in years). Has anyone experienced similar symptoms? I don't know if I'm pregnant and I don't know what to hope for.
The last time i had sex was over a month ago and then the week after i had my period and then i had again just last week but i have been having these wierd feelings in my stomach and my back has been hurting alot and I was wondering if it was possible for you to be pregnent and still be on your period? And what are the signs of being pregnent?
I'm 46.  Yes... and possibly pregnant!  

Symptoms:
Date of LMP:  March 21
tender nipples, nauseous off and on all day, active sex during ovulation period.

What do you think?
I'm in my mid-forties.  I had unprotected sex around may 12.  I've been feeling like I'm pregnant ever since.  We used the withdrawal method.  Does anyone know for sure if that method of birth controll works or not?  I feel like I'm pregnant. My period is due on 05/29/2004.  Well nothing yet :(.