Maternal & Child Community
Early pregnancy questions...Color of vaginal discharge and back ache......

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Early pregnancy questions...Color of vaginal discharge and back ache...What to look for in early M/C

I was wondering if these certain symptoms I have been experencing so far are normal or something to be worried about.(BTW, I'm about 6 weeks) I have been having an increase of vaginal discharge. I does not really have an odor. It is white, clear, and sometimes yellow in color. Is that normal to have it yellowish? Also I woke up today feeling really awful. Beyond tired, I felt weak and exhausted, Like I was coming down with something..I have been having bad back pains from my mid back down to my pelvis, and have had some snapping/popping down by the tail bone. Why would my back already be hurting, Is this normal too? Also, I am extremely paranoid that this pregnancy with end in M/c, even though I have never had once and I don't have any of the factors that may cause one. I don't understand why I am so stressed that things will go wrong..everything went fine the 1st time..I am scared that I will cause myself to have one just by being so stressed and constantly thinking about having one. Besides severe cramping and bleeding, is there anything else to watch for? Any one that can put my mind at ease, I thank you in advance!
You sound exactly like me in the beginning.  My first pregnancy was so easy and this one has been stressful since the beginning.  I had your exact symptoms and even had some spotting.  I felt horrible.  I just knew I was miscarrying.  I had myself prepared for the worst.  I am now 21 weeks with a healthy baby girl, but still worry about everything.  I don't know how to stop worrying.  I wish I could give some advice about how to relax, but I don't have any.  Just continue to have hope and I'm sure all will work out.
Mine is kind yellow too and I was wondering the same thing.  I'm 13 weeks.
I felt awful like that in early pregnancy.  Back pain is really normal at that point.  I felt extreme pressure and cramping down, but with my 2 pregnancies that went well I had bad cramping and back pain too, only the cramping was more of an achy feeling and I could still feel the pulling and stretching.  The discharge sounds fine, just keep an eye out for bleeding or intense pressure.  If you are really worried though call your Dr., but you sound okay.  It's just really nerve wracking trying to get past the first trimester.  Hope you feel better and have a nice relaxing weekend.
Yellow discharge is completley normal...even sometimes it can be a little on the green side and be normal. I once heard it sometimes is yellow from your prenatal vitamins. ( I am not positive ) I was constantly calling My doctor about discharge and he kept telling me I was fine. The back ache could be you getting used to all the hormones rapidly increasing in your body. It does some weird things to us.
Hi there , all your symptoms sound, to me , exactly like normal pregnancy symptoms , and all of which i had . I was , and still am, like you , constantly worrying about miscarriage . I found out i was pregnant at 10 wks , i felt fine had no real m/s or anything i actually felt normal !! But  the bad days , like what your describing , came and went and that made me worry . I had myself convinced that i would miscarry and when nothing happened i read something about missed miscarriage and convinced myself that thats what had happened and i would have bad news at my next scan !!! Anyway , my 12 week scan came and all looked great !!! Then , a few days later the worry kicked in again !! At almost 14 wks i had my first midwife app and she checked me over ,and all was fine , i even heard babys h/b loud and strong !!!!! Im almost 17 wks now and i feel great , apart from the worrying !!!! hahaha , I stil worry a lot , but i posted here the other day and the ladies here are wonderful , everyone put my mind at rest and im now just trying to forget about the worry and really enjoy this (its my first pg) .I guess what im trying to say is , your totally fine and normal . I think everyone must worry , maybe some more than others !!! So , just relax ......the discharge and lower backache is normal , and so , unfortunately , is the feeling awful feeling some days !!!! Take it easy and enjoy it , and remember everyone here is here to give support if needed , from the responses i got the other day , i know i feel a lot better and feel i have a good support system if and when its needed . Take care and god luck !!
Thank you all! I feel a little better, I know, in all probablity, everything will be fine w/ this pregnancy, but with all that I have been reading in books and online, I am totally freaking myself out! W/ my first 2 years back, I didn't have the internet, so I was completely ignorant of all the horrible things that could happen. But, when I worry myself about something, I obsess over it, until I practically convince myself that something is wrong w/ me, and being online constantly searching for Pregnancy problems is not helping. It is just making it worse! I Will be so relieved when I get to 12 weeks...I feel like a lot of the stress will subside once I get to the Midwife's in 1 1/2 weeks, hear the heartbeat, and Know that I am past the possible M/C stage at 12 weeeks. It is so bizarre to me that I am this stressed! Thsi is my second pregnancy and I feel completely in the dark, like it is all new again! I feel better knowing I have some place to go where I have a listenig ear and other ppl that know what I'm going through! (everytime I voice my concerns to Dh, he rolls his eyes and said I did this with the last pregnancy. Nice! Men are SOOOO understanding, right?) Thanks girls!
I was just on here reading everyone's input on the situation, and you guys made me feel SO much better. I'm only 6 1/2 weeks along, and I found out I was pregnant when I was 4 weeks. I really wish I would've found out a little later than that. My husband and I have been trying for over a year to get pregnant and we even went through fertilty treatments. I was so shocked when I found out, I couldn't believe it. And now that it's finally sinking into my brain whats going on, I'm scared of every little feeling that I get or the weird discharge that I have, and I constantly worry about everything. My doctor is always yelling at me for calling her office constantly to ask questions about what's normal and what isn't. This is my first experience with all of this stuff and she is completely non-helpful. Anyway, reading everything on this page has made me feel a lot better. I got for my next ultrasound in a week and a half when I'll be almost 8 weeks along. I am so nervous about it, and I don't know how I'll live waiting for the time to come for it.

Thanks to all of you for being supportive of other people that you don't even know.
I had the same thing when I was pregnant with Evan. BTW I hd no idea you were pregnant again!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG! IM an idiot! I didnt even look at the dates! LMAO!!
heloo...
can you help me in my research all about early pregnancy this is ny yahomail..
***@****
AM I PREGNANT? My cycles have been pretty normal my whole life. In October my period came on the 1st. It was normal. In November, my period didn't come until the 15th, last only about 3 days and was pretty light. In December, my period didn't come until the 22nd and lasted only about 6 hours and was basically just spotting. For January's period, it was very light on the 9th, lasted for 36 hours. In these last 3-4 months I have been experiencing many symptoms: Nausea, fatigue, dizziness, increased appetite & libido, mood swings, highly emotional, lower back aches, change in BMs, sore breasts (not too bad), heartburn, mild headaches every once in a while. Then about a week ago, I started feeling a tugging in my abdomen, sort of like a gas bubble, but no pain or flatulence associated with it. I have gained about 10 pounds in the last month as well. I have take a couple of pregnancy tests each time my period came and went, all with negative result. Could I be pregnant?
IM 5 WEEKS IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS i have yellowish discharge no odor im worried i wanted to know if its normal
I am having continuously disturbed cycle since a year or i think more than that nd pregnancy hasnt occured yet, every time i feel nausea vomating nd other pregnancy symptoms bt no use. doctors are more concerned abt my pregnancy rather than periods. its quite disappointing wen i do home pregnancy test nd every time it results negative!!!!!!! m very much upset with this. I do have alot of discharge sometimes like nowadys along with nausea and vertigo. y does this happen m very worried!!!!!!!
alright heres my situation. I had unprotective sex once; but he pulled out. i though i got what was my period a day before i was sopose to get it. it started with brown, then went red but was very light then ended with brown again i took 3 hpt and they were all negitive. i know i had a uti but i never got it treated caue it went away but i still have frequent peeing and only alittle comes out it does not burn anymore and i feel bloated? i have no idea what is up