Maternal & Child Community
Early pregnancy symptoms??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Early pregnancy symptoms??

Ok I know I know I have posted alot of questions!! LOL...I was just wondering again, has any of you had pregnancy symptoms after ovulation and before your period is due. Like at 4 or 5 dpo?? Ugh this is so hard to wait I tell ya!! I'm looking for anything. I've had alot alot of cramping, I'm thinking it's pms, but I'm not due to start for like another week and 3 days. I have also had like this "full" feeling in my lower abdomen. Feels like not really bloating just like a "full" feeling. Well anything would help, I would love to be able to notice something, I have a few other signs but everything I look at says you can't have signs until the baby implants, and this supposedly happens 6 days after intercourse, and a calendar I looked at to follow where I would be said that it happens, well it showed it happening 3 days after intercourse? So I'm so confused, I think I would just rather here from women who have been through it instead of some MALE Dr. who hasn't :) Thank ya ladies!! again! Sorry this is so long!!
Well I don't know about the full feeling, but one of the first symptoms that I noticed was that my breasts were very sore, my stomach was upset, and I was very tired. But please remember that everyone's symptoms are different. hope that everything turns out good for u.
I never noticed untill about a few days my period was due. My breasts got heavier/sore but thats really it. It wasnt untill 7 weeks preggo or so when i became real tired and real sick. Good luck to you!!!
I think symptoms usually start 6 or 7days after o. I hope you get what you want:D
Thank you ladies!! I will know soon enough....This is rough!! LOL
With my first 7 yrs ago I felt pg symptoms within a week of getting pg.  I knew weeks before my AF was due that it was not coming.  I took a test the first day of my missed period and got a BFP right away.  I was tired, had terrible heartburn and was dry heaving in the bathroom sink every morning.  It is very possible to feel pg symptoms right away but it could also be AF symptoms I guess and if you really want to be pg you can trick your body into thinking you have symptoms when in fact it is nothing.  Good Luck.
Hang in there, I'm in the same boat, about 3dpo, and thinking I'm feeling that "full" feeling, but like everyone says it could be anything. Sooo...I'm TRYING not to think about it, cuz like Blondie said you CAN trick yourself into feeling certain ways. It's hard I know, I just wanted to let you know you're not alone. It's a long wait, just try to keep busy. God bless and baby dust to you~~~~~~~~~~=).
It's true, i was positive i was pregnant a few times. Try to relax(i can't belive i'm telling someone to relax)
I am 4 days past OV and have noticed that I'm still having discharge.  This is pretty unusual for me.  Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what caused it?  I'm also really bloated today but I feel that way a lot (LOL) so I'm trying not to assume every little thing means I'm finally pregnant.  I can't stand that AF disappointment so best to just try not to get my hopes up.
The only symptoms I had before finding out I was pregnant was feeling super grouchy- especially at my bf. That's why when we came back from a vacation I said 'Sorry I was so grouchy,but I'm pregnant!'. Had a couple of short waves of nausea,too. I'm also 2 weeks away from my pd. and look for any,any clue to if I get pregnant this month!
I really didn't get any early symptoms.  I never felt pg until I was about 7 weeks.  I just felt as if af was coming.  Not everyone is the same so  who knows.  The waiting game is the worst part!!
I know exactly how you feel though im not too sure what some symptoms are.. Im goin through the same thing!
I am terribly tired , Have terrible heartburn... my last period was Sep 17. I have a 28 day cyscle. I did an early HPT, it was -ve.. :-(((!!

Also did not get even 1 +ve on the OPK I did after Sep 17??

SO now am really confused any information would be a great help.
Yeah I'm def going to test...you found out at 2 weeks?? You mean gestational like when you would have started your period?? We only were able to bd one day and that was the day before I o'd so who knows what the odds of that are...I read that "normal" couples only have a 25% chance of getting pregnant a month, and being we could only do it once who knows!! LOL Well I guess I will keep my cool for a little while, I also have the same thing to as the other girl said about the cm, I usually kinda go back to dry after I o and it hasn't gone away yet and yesterday was actually pretty bad, a bunch of it came out!! (Sorry for the detail) LOL Well we shall see, and I will just remember everything little thing that goes on in case I am, and when someone else like me has ?s I will be able to answer and help maybe!! :) Baby dust to all!!!!!
I'm going nuts too. I'm soooo tired even though I got plenty of sleep, about 9 hours. Also, feeling little queasy and weird pull and tugs, but NO WAY I could know this soon. I think I'm just setting myself up....ugh!!!=( Baby dust to you~~~~~~~~~~~ let us know what happens, and I will too. God bless!!!
My last mensus was Aug 24 went in on the 16 of sept and they said I was pregnant. Went to the ER on the 21st and they said I was about 2-3wks pregnant. I'm not positive where their concensus came from but apparently thats what they thought. But I do know I am 7 weeks tomorrow and that wouldn't really put the 21st at 2wks so who knows.
Do you mean that you were 4 weeks along on 09/21?  If you last cycle began on 08/24, on 9/16 you would have been around 3 weeks?
That's the same thing I was wondering. I wonder if 8/24 was the first day of AF or the last.
Well I found out I was pregnant at 2wks and before that I was very very tired. I just thought that it was fatigue from the change in weather or something but I guess not. I'll be 7wks tomorrow and I am just starting to get other symptoms but everyone is different. I guess the best way to fully tell is a test.
I know its confusing I was very confused about it. 8/24 was the first day. I just know that the ER Dr. told me on the 9/21 that I was 2-3wks because my HCG was only 154. I have another OB appt. today so hopefully they will be able to clarify everything for me because last time I talked to my OB they said I was 6wks and that was on 9/26. Not even a week later. Who the heck knows. They confuse me so much. I'm no doctor I just go by what they say. LOL :S
Any questions you want me to ask my Dr? :D Maybe I could clarify some questions. ;)
Take care and I will update you later today or tomorrow with what my OB really thinks.
Hmm...they date the pregnancy by the first day of your last AF. If it was 8/24, that would make you six weeks. Nope, no questions here- my dr's math makes sense. Hope your appointment goes well.
Thank you for the info. I actually took a test (EPT -Certainty) today which is day 10dpo and about 8-9 days before AF. It came out negative and was very disappointed. I'm glad to know that I may have tested too early and I still have a chance. Thanks again for some hope.
Well, I went to the Dr. and found out for sure that I am 6wks 1day pregnant as of 10/06. I go back 11/07 to get an ultrasound. Not sure about any of the tests that they took today but I should know for sure next week. Glad everything got cleared up. 6wks sounds right to me. And due date is June 1st.
May be a stupid question, but do any of you know how early you can take a home pregnancy test?
It's not a stupid question. If you go down to the posts from 10/03, there is a thread titled, "how soon can you get a positive hpt?" They discuss it quite a bit there.
Don't get discouraged. Wait another week or two and test again. Good luck.
The first time i had any symptoms was 2 weeks after my period i noticed i had migranes (migraines) everyday and i had backaches then my breast felt like they were gonna grow legs and run off, and every morning still they throb everytime i wake up. I was one of the lucky ones never got the morning sickness i feel nausuated sometimes but no runing to the bathroom to puke.
I took a pregnancy test it sd positive,I went to the doctor they sd negative I my last period was sept5 and I come on every 22 days, I have had slight cramping and a little pink discharge everyone who knows me says yours breast look huge are you pregnant has any experience this before, I hope I am!
It could have been implantation bleeding that you experienced, and about the Dr's saying negative, I've heard alot that the tests on the market are more sensitive than theirs. You may just want to wait a week and test again, or ask them to do a blood test!! Good luck to you!!
Thanks!
Hi, I am new to all this however I am too excited.
This is my first Clomid cycle due to PCOS and IR, I am 6 dpo and have had sinus like headaches and lower back ache for 3 days now, I don;t know if I can wait to do a HPT any longer how does every one pass the time between now and AF due.
We have been trying to to pg for 7 months... I'de be glad for any one's feedback..
Hi, this is my first time doing this but I need some advice. I had a tubal ligation 4 years ago after my c-section, I'm 32 now and I had a Doctor app. 3 days ago for some shots I needed for inmigration app. When I was there I told my Dr. that for some crazy reason I feel pregnant, I have all the symptoms I had before with my two kids. He did a preg. test and It was neg. but is kind of early because my period is like 6 days away from now. So he told me is pretty much impossible that I'm preg. and gave me the shots and one of them was M.M.R. I've been reading all your stories and it sound more than possible to be pregnant and I'm  so scared because you're not supposed to get that shot if you're preg. Any advice? Thanks.
Thanks i think you have all put my mind at rest as i have lower back ache and some cramping on and off reading this has helped with loads of my questions!!
Hi everyone!
   Ok, don't know if any of you read my other post on implantation....but...i had AF on the first of the month October 1st day 1 of cycle...o'd some where between the 13th-16th acording to webmd...had some spotting on the 18th-19th, have been running an elivated temp...between 98.9-99.3 degrees since...am having very slight cramping, some neauea, and fatigue. I took a hpt yesterday (AF due on sunday) and it came back positive...but it was so very light you REALLY had to look for it....I mean at first glance you don't even see the line. I am praying so hard that I am pregnant, but today the cramping kinda got worse...on the left side. Anyone got any advice? Does it sound like I am preganant? Or like maybe i am going to have a m/c if I am because of the cramping? I have two other children, but their pregnancies were so simple...I didn't know till about 6 weeks with either of them, and never had any problems till the third trimester. I am confused, and impatient for the results lol, and worried about the cramping. I have never been one to have any cramping with my AF....always was lucky in that respect. I suppose the fatigue could be due to the fact that my son has just become mobile, so now I have two munchkins running around all day ( stay at home mom), but I have been craving 12 hours + sleep. All night pluss as many naps as I can get in. It's driving me crazy. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks bunches
**** barrels and barrels of baby dust to all the TTCer's!*****
hello, i was hoping to get some feed back about ovarian cysts, is there anyone else out there who had ovarian cysts removed and now have children.  i have a son and was recently dignosed with ovarian cyst they have removed them and now we are hoping to have another child. i am looking for some hope by other women telling me that they were able to have children after ovarian cysts removal.  thanks so much for all your time.

lovesherson
Hi There,

Well, I have a 3 month old baby so it will probably seem really strange to all of you that I am even looking at these postings let alone posting myself.  I am partially breastfeeding and as it took us a very long time to conceive the first time around we didn't want to start on contraceptives straight away.  My period is due this coming Sunday (6th November).  My LMP was on the 8th October.  I am experiencing cramping on my left side, occasional heartburn, occasional headaches and backache, cravings, eating more, bloating.  As for my breast- well, it is difficult to say as I am breastfeeding but I have been having mild pain which I have not had since my milk came in.  Oh yes, very strange baby dreams.  I took a sensitive pregnancy test this morning which was negative.  

What do you think ladies?  Looks like I will have to play the waiting game a bit longer.  Meanwhile, it is delaying me using my lateral thigh trainer which I have just purchased to shed my baby weight lol...

anna
My cervical fluid and OPK are not matching up.  I got a positive OPK (positive LH surge) when cervical fluid was already dry.  I had wet and slippery cervical fluid two days prior.  I'm confused, please help!
babygirl2000, first try takin test in the morning i heard it is more accurate your first pee:) see what happens. sounds like you could be. also does morning sickness happen every day, cuz for the passed 3 weeks i have gotten sick 1 time per week. is this normal i am very early if i am pg. cuz my test was neg last week.  also i have a constant stuffy nose, i heard this is a symptom iam afraid to take meds if i am and i have had the stuffed nose for about 3 weeks but thats it.. also tired and very moody!
i am so confused!!  With our 1st child i showed no symptoms til i was exactly 6 wks.  i have PCOS as well.  i do not have a cycle unless i take meds to have one.  which makes it so hard to get pg.  but i've been off cycle for 1 /2 - 2 wks. i had sex about 5 or 6 days ago.  but for the last 3 days i have been hurting between area of ovaries not on either ovary.  when i go to stand up (pressure) i cramp. occasionally sick to my stomach but not a strong urge.  i went to the er last night they did a pg test (was neg.) and uti test (neg.)  could i be having symptoms of pg. within this soon???  Help me please.  if not pg, could there be some other problem to cause this?
I never got morning sickness with my 1st.  but i'm confused on whether i would be able to tell in aprox. 3-4 days if i am pg.  everybody is different when it comes to morning sickness, some get sick at night. don't know how to put this so i'm not trying to be gross.  with my 1st, discharge completely quit.  but now it is (sorry) thick & white since intercourse is that normal?  as for meds i wouldn't take anything but tylenol until you know for sure.  esp. not sinus med.  i had to quit taking celebrex just in case.  and as far as the "tired and moody", i felt wonderful when i found out i was pregnant with my 1st! that seemed to have changed my moods.  but hormones can have a mind of there own, i'm living proof!  :)  it is so nice to have someone to talk to for a change.
Hi, my last 1st day of my last period is on 10/22. I hv intercourse on 11/7. Now i'm having nausea, a bit vomitting, abdomen bloating...can this be early sign of pregnancy or am i just being extremely hopeful?
Pls help.
hey everyone
i had intercoarse around the time (within a week) of my next period and ive heard from many that sex does not delay your period. i have horendus heart burn...i feel very full..and i feel like im ready to puke at any awkward movement. i dnt want to psych myself out but this feels all to weird..and i have not a clue on what to think. please help
I'm 5 dpo.I'v bn experiencing lower back ache and pain on my left lower abdomen since 2 dpo.My boobs are kind of tender though I usually get tender bbs after O. I and my hubby ve bn hoping for about 9 mnths now to get pregnancy. I took one cycle clomid as recommended. I jst hope I'm pregnant. What do u ladies think.
Pls I need ur comments.I and my hubby ve bn trying 2 conceive for abt 9mnths now. I took clomid during my last cycle.I'm jst 5dpo and I've bn having lower back pain and at my left lower abdomen since 2dpo.I've also bn experiencing tender bbs although my bbs are usually tender after O. Could I be pregnant. I'm jst hoping it's true. What do u ladies think?