Maternal & Child Community
Eating lots of peanuts and peanut butter during pregnancy. Will my baby...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Eating lots of peanuts and peanut butter during pregnancy. Will my baby have an allergy?

Anyone know if there is a connection between eating a lot of peanuts/peanut butter during pregnancy and its effects on your baby? Will they be more likely to have a peanut allergy? Just curious.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
No, I don't think it makes your baby more suceptible to developing a peanut allergy. I would steer clear of peanuts and peanut products if either you or DH has a peanut allergy but if not, keep eating them. It's a great source of protein!
Blank
I havent heard that what you eat during pregnancy affects your childs allergies, except with milk products.  I have heard that drinking a lot of milk can cause your child to have milk allergies.  Not sure how accurate that is, but my mother drank a lot of milk and I had a lot of allergies to just about all dairy products as a child.
Blank
I hope it doesn't because I've been eating alot of peanuts and peanut butter too! I couldn't stand the thoughts of it during the 1st trimester but now it's all I want. I read that we're supposed to eat a variety of foods so our kids won't have an allergy to certain foods. Best wishes to you!!

Crystal
Blank
130265_tn?1277406547
I've eaten tons of peanut butter sandwiches, and nuts etc with both of my kids, and my current one. No known side effects..they say to watch out only if your family has a history of allegeries to nuts.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank