Maternal & Child Community
Ectopic or read wrong?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Ectopic or read wrong?

I was seen in the ER on Sunday (June 22nd) for low abdominal cramping.  I knew I was pregnant, but had just found out the day before.  They did an ultrasound and it was read as an ectopic pregnancy in my right ovary, no intra-uterine pregnancy was seen.  My HcG hormone level was only at 304 so the ER doctor suggested I have it tested again in two days.  So yesterday (June 24) my hormone level was at 561.  After this I went to an OB/GYN who was filled in on everything that had happened so far.  In his office they did another ultrasound.  This time the US tech saw a small fluid filled sac in my uterus.  Now the OB/GYN is telling me that this could be an early gestational sac and it could just be a very large hemmoraghic cyst in my right ovary which could cause the cramping.  I've been doing some reading online though and it seems that a "pseudo sac" is often seen in the uterus with ectopic pregnancies, this isn't a gestational sac but fluid or blood filled.  Is it even possible that a gestational sac would have appeared in only two days between the ultrasounds?  Or is it more likely that this is that pseudo sac?  I'm having my HcG levels checked again tomorrow (June 26th) but the waiting is killing me and I just wanted to hear what others had to say about this.  I'm still cramping, and it's on both sides...not just the right where the cyst or ectopic is.  No bleeding, vomitting, or chillls either.  Please help me, I'm confused!  
Unfortunately, time will have to tell on this one.  I think it could go either way.  I hope it turns out well for you.
yeah, when I had my ectopic it took over a week of close monitoring before they said with confidence that it was an ectopic.  Mine was in my tube.  They never did see it on the ultrasound, but my hcg was low and rising slowly. At 6wks there was still no gestation sac in my uterus.  There was no question about my date of conception, because I was under the care of a fertility dr at the time.  

I had a hard time believing them because they never could find the sac in the tube or anywhere else.  But in the end they were right, because my tube ruptured from it.  So stay on top of this...  It seems a little early to tell for sure.. they need to keep monitoring your situation and see how it goes..

Best of luck to you..
Hi my husband and i are both 19 and this is the first time ive been pregnant. i found out i was pregnant because i had such bad pains in my abdomin (abdomen) that i went to the ER and they first determined i was constipated.... how embarrasing!!.... anyways they also did a routine pregnancy test since the first day of my last period was the middle of june and now it is mid august. It came back positive and they did ultra sounds and saw nothing but cyst. I went to my OB and he has since done another ultra sound that showed the cyst had grown in a week and about 5 more blood test. Each blood test shows my HCG going up in about these incriments: 25, 45, 112, 202, 413. They are concerned since based on my menstral cysle i should be about 8 weeks or so but my test are showing only about 2-3 weeks. They were going to do surgery to remove the pregnancy because at first they thought it was ectopic and then i had pain. But the pain has died down to a period like pain and i have had no bleeding. i have another blood test tomorrow august 16th, and then ultra sounds and more test tuesday. they said there is only about a 5% chance this is a normal pregnancy. i am keeping my fingers cross and praying like crazy!!