Elevated alkaline phosphate levels in my toddler
Two weeks ago my daughter began vomiting and became very lethargic.  After two days of constant vomiting, we made a trip to the local ER.  During our visit to the ER, a routine CBC was done, which noted an elevated alkaline phosphate level of 3197, and an AST of 70.  When following up with our Pediatrician the next day, the blood test was repeated with an alkaline phosphate reading of 2796.  A GGT test, as well as an iso-enzyme test was also performed, which confirmed the elevation was originating from the liver, and not the bone.  Subsequent blood work has shown a progressive drop in the enzyme levels (last  count 700), but we are unable to get an answer as to why the enzymes were so elevated...just wondering if anyone out there has been faced with similar circumstances....Any information that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.  NOTE:  (White Cell counts as well as additional levels were all normal)  

if i remember correctly the phosphate will be elevated in children until they are done growning. i'm almost positive that its nothing to worry about. I was a peds nurse for 3 years.