Maternal & Child Community
Embryonic heart beat @ 8wks 3days is low?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am 31 yrs old pregnany with my first child.  At 6 wks the heart beat was 118bpm. I am now 8 wks 3days measuring 3 days ahead of schedule and the heart beat is only 111bpm. I am really freaked out that it is lower and got slower. Is this normal? what should I do?
Avatar n tn
Continue to have the heart beat monitored. I am not sure about it going up and then down slightly. A few months ago, my fetal heart rate was slow and then stopped. It was very sad, and I pray to god this does not happen to you! Try to keep your stress level low for that is not healthy for you or your baby. What has your Doctor said?