Maternal & Child Community
Empty Sac

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Empty Sac

I had my last period on November 2nd. Ovulated on November 19th. Found out I was prego on the 30th. I have had bleeding since I found out on and off. My doctor had me come in today to do an ultrasound to see what the bleeding was. We saw the sack but it was oblong more then round and it went up to the top. Best way to desribe it was a very large sac that was round at the bottom then went up in an oblong shape at the top of the uterus. The sac was empty. I am concerned there might be a problem since it was empty. Is it typical to have an empty sack at this stage of pregnancy??? I know I am not far along at all but I am very worried and concerned. According to my tracker I am 5 weeks today based off of my last period. Has anyone heard of this. I always thought when you got prego that sack has yolk in it right away. PLEASE HELP!! My dr is going to do another blood test Monday to see my HCG levels but I am stressing and freaking out. Thank you for all your imput for those who give it!
Hey there are some cases where it is a empty sac at 6 or 7 weeks and everything turns out fine, it might be early every pregnancy is different. Since you go on Monday and if your hcg levels are going up that is a good sign. Wishing you the best of luck and Hope i helped a little!
Thanks for your response. I ended up calling my dr I used with my last baby 3 years ago and he was so mad what the dr told me! He said I am say to early to see anything at all. He said everyone is different and some show quicker but at 5 weeks to be worried is outrageous. I transferred everything to his office and am doing bloodwork tomorrow for him. My HCG levels from yesterday were 920. I'll keep you posted on Monday! Thanks again.
I'm so glad you called him and what he said is true. Good thing he you gets you in quicker, puts you a little at ease. & Yes keep me posted. Best of luck!!!