Maternal & Child Community
Empty Uterus...6 weeks today - UPDATE!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Empty Uterus...6 weeks today - UPDATE!

Well...the u/s showed nothing...nothing in the uterus and the radiologist phoned me AFTER HOURS and said that nothing look suspicious as far as tubes, ovaries, etc! Although he said there is a cyst on my left ovary but it is nothing to worry about. So,...now what?? I'm supposedly "pregnant" again and the same thing is happening that happened back in Oct/Nov. My hcg's are still going up (doubling in fact as they are supposed to) but they can't see anything??! I'm wondering since this has happened twice now if there is a possibility that my body thinks I'm pregnant when I'm really not. ??  Is that possible? I O'd either May 9th or 10th and I got my first BFP at 15 DPO. Does anyone have any ideas what would cause multiple (2) pregnancies to end at the same point (5 weeks) each time?  I can't help but think that something is happening so early on that my body is tricked into thinking it's still pregnant when it's not.

I know it sounds crazy, but what other explanation would there be for losing two in a row at exactly the same length of time and the u/s showed no evidence of a pregnancy both times?  My hcg levels are still rising though... ?  I'm so confused and completely devastated...
I go in for another quant. in the morning and if it goes up then they will repeat the u/s at some point (soon I would assume).  The nurse said that my dr. would have a plan of attack by tomorrow depending on the result of the quant.  He has no idea what's going on either.....they've already ruled out ectopic (tubal).  If it's somewhere else in my body they have yet to find it!
who knows dear. six weeks the fetus would be VERY small so maybe just maybe they cant see anything yet. try to stay calm. (yeah i know its easier to say than to do) and just believe that if the time is right then things will all be ok. but your hormone levels doubling are a GREAT sign. i have heard many stories like yours that end in perfect happy healthy babies. so dont give up yet ok?? good luck to you and lots of sticky baby dust!!!!!!!!
i dont have a clue. i am so sorry this is going on, how frustrating!! i hope there is just a very tiny baby in there and they are just growing very slowly.
My sister has been through this twice and I'm so sorry for you. The egg can attatch itself literally to anywhere, cervix, bladder vagina. Since ectopic has been ruled out, you are fortunate. But for any reason you have a naggy or even sharp pain in ovary area and they still don't know where it is, go to ER immediately.I don't want to scare you, but the second ectopic of my sisters was missed on the us and it ruptured while she was in er. They did emergency surgery on her and she lost a lot of blood. She's only alive today bc she literally was in er when it happened. Best wishes to you and I hope you get your answers soon.
i was 11 weeks pregnat and in the ultrasound the doctor could not listen to the baby's heart beat. so try to not worry. i heard a lot of story that we call lyer pregnancy, and that as i know happen to whom who really want to have a baby, and they aren't for some reason, so it might be sycological. try to forget about having  a baby. and if you really want it, you can try to those ov. test or your doctor can help you more in this problem. hope every think will be allright and that they will find a small baby who is trying to hide himself for fun with you.
just last week i replied in a post about my coworker who was about 7 weeks. internal u/s couldn't find anything. apparently he looked for a while. she was devastated. they decided to try an abdominal u/s. with  the external, they found the baby with a hb in seconds. (guess the baby's in a weird position???) anyway, if your hcg's are still rising and they don't find anything with the transvaginal, you may want to ask them to take a look with an abdominal u/s
I probably told you this before, but the same thing happened to me. 6 weeks all the u/s showed was the gestational sac. (My HCG wasn't doubling though) 7 weeks we went in to see a healthy baby and hb!! :) Good luck!
I really hope things work out Torra....
I'm so sorry you're going through this Torra :( I hope things do work out for you...today is my 6 weeks, and I started spotting this morning...I finally got through to my dr. and I go in tomorrow morning...hopefully everything will be ok, but I'm not holding my breath. I hope we can catch up more in the next couple days...  :)
I know exactly what your going through.. we wanted to check to see if I had a miscarriage becuz it is questionable and the doctor did a vaginal u/s and found nothing.. but my hcg is rising and my boobs still hurt.. the only thing with me tho is my progesterone is low level?  How is your level?  I am confused to and have to go in for another blood test tomorrow to see if my levels are still going up...
Hey!  Yes....keep me posted on your situation too.  Yesterday my quant was 663 so the dr. said it's not looking good.  They're going to repeat the quant on Monday and then take action.  If my numbers are up to at least 1000 they will repeat another u/s.  If not, then he's going to administer the meth shot to end it.  If I end up having to terminate this one, my dr. is going to refer me to a specialist to see what the deal is.  Keep me posted...I'll watch for your posts.
Well... my progesterone is at 8.5 and they said they like to see it between 11-90.  They said it's so borderline that they don't think they should be concerned at this point.  What are your levels and how far along are you supposed to be?
I have quite a similar storie to yours my hcg levels started out at 329 and I was 5 weeks. Two doctors said I was going to miscarry but haven't yet and I was spotting for over a week still no miscarriage. Doctors say that my hcg levels are climbing fast and that is good my cervix is closed and now I am seven weeks. Started spotting and went to the emergency room where they told me I might have an ectoptic pregnancy because in the u/s they can't see my baby. So whent back to doctors hcg up at 2500 they do another u/s still no baby. So now I'm confused and so are my doctors don't know how my levels can steadily climb and my baby is just completely MIA!!!!!!
Have they said anything about a cyst for you?  I was told that some forms of ovarian cysts can cause a rise in HCG, but not like this...
That's funny you say that I have a few cyst on my right ovary and I wonder why they aren't dealing with that issue.
Ugh..MJ..was it really necessary to bring up those darn cysts! Mine's finally gone now....It only took 45 weeks! lol
long story short, at hcg level of 3,000 my uterus was empty at 5 or 6 weeks. at 7-8 weeks a sac formed. at 10 weeks and hcg levels of 20,000 I had a d&c done as I had a blighted ovum/missed m/c. Had 3 long weeks of spotting/light bleeding and cramping.
So had a lot of pain in my rectum area and went to the emergency room where they proceeded to call my dr and he told them that he stongly feels that I am not having an ectopic pregnancy.So I had to go to his office immediately where he said he would like do surgery and a d&c because there is no baby in uterus and they can't see any thing in my tubes so they may want to take one of my tubes. But there is always the chance that they could have miscalculated my dates being that my last period was august 20 and that would make me only 5 weeks and a few days. Only thing is that my hcg levels are way up to 3593 which at that point they should see something in the uterus. So my question is should i just let go now.  Is this pregnancy just not viable is there no hope. I was too scared to let them do surgery and I just want a second opinion. I requested another u/s and hopefully god will give me a miracle I found another dr that I can c tommorow and I just am trying to prepare myself for the worst and still have that mustard seed of faith but it's so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!