Maternal & Child Community
Empty gestational sac hcg 900+ after laparoscopy...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hello

I was wondering if anyone could help me or give me some guidance, i am 20 years old and this is my first pregnancy, it was not planned but is very much wanted!
Anyway, i went into hospital on the 24th April with abdominal pain to the left i had been to the doctors the last 2 days who did pregnancy tests which both turned out to be negative, when i went in that night they asked for a urine sample and it was faintly positive (this was in the gyno department) they did a blood test which showed my hcg levels were 57 which is why it hadn't shown up before. They did a scan and told me they could see a well established corpus luteum...they had me come back and forth over the last 2 weeks for scans and repeat blood work my 2nd blood results showed my hcg at 291 and then at 6000... when they did the scan they could not locate my pregnancy and i cant remember the date of my last period but i know it was in March. Low & behold the nurse called me friday afternoon with the hcg results which were now 6000 and said to come in immediately to have a scan with a consultant as they kept saying they should be seeing something in there now and all they had seen was a cystic structure, which could be the gestational sac but because its got nothing inside they cant be sure. I had a scan with consultant who said it was ectopic i was emotionally devastated and frightened for my life, i had my operation on saturday 5th may and it turned out there was no pregnancy in the tubes i was sooo relieved! As this was the best outcome i could of hoped for and they told me that they were adamant it was ectopic...however they said my uterus was thick and pregnant like and i had a small cyst which had ruptured and caused fluid (believing them to think it was ectopic) they suctioned away the fluid and left the corpus as this apparently supports the pregnancy, They did repeat blood work after my op and my hcg is now at 9000+ i was discharged yesterday and had another scan...this time a different consultant told me to prepare for a miscarriage :( i have another scan in 9 days time and im sooo anxious and worried its terrible he is already talking about a d&c and a failed pregnancy if there is no yolk sac or fetal pole..the only positive thing he said was the sac is now more ''prominent'' and if i ovulated late or got my LMP wrong as i had originally said the 18th then its to small to see. Baring in mind the pregnancy was only detected on the 24th April and its the 8th May i am still a bit hopeful... i wondered if anyone has had a similar experience or can advise me as the waiting part is sooo awful :( Would be greatful for any answers... xxx