Endometrial ablation and probability of pregnancy after
Hi!
First off let me introduce myself. I am the wife of an Air Force pilot and happily married with no children. I don't want children but have promised to try in 3 years for my husband. That being said, I have had several instances that my period was so heavy I became anemic which is highly unusual for a 16 year old (I'm 21 now). It got so bad serval GP thought I had a miscarriage but after sonography examination of my utuerus nothing abnormal appeared. I have been considering getting a IUD to see if it helps aid in that area but the problem I run into there is that I am allergic to most metals of that nature and my body rejects artificial hormones like a plague. So I have been searching high and low for some other option and came across this procedures. Please spare me the "you're too young to decide that" and "you might change your mind" speeches I have heard them all but fact of the matter is I value my health more than I care to have a child. That being said what is the likelyhood of pregancy directly after and a few years down the road after it is done? Thanks for your input.
Ablation does not prevent pregnancy.  The reason doctors say not to do one until you are done having children is that it is very dangerous to try to get pregnant, if you have no uterine lining left.  The likelihood of getting to the embryo stage, if you are not using birth control, is about the same if you have had an ablation or not.  The likelihood of staying pregnant and not risking your health or your life, is another question.  With no uterine lining, either the embryo will not be able to implant, or it will try to burrow into the uterine side-wall.  That can cause uncontrolled bleeding (in the mother) and damage to the baby or loss of the pregnancy.