Episiotomy pain
My son is now 15 months old and I am still having so much pain in the episiotomy site that it hurts to have sex. It has been two years since I enjoyed it with my husband!
My first doctor tells me to massage it and that there is no scar tissue. The second doctor immediately told me I needed a repair, which sent signals to me that she wasnt interested in any alternatives. My third doctor said I had granulated tissue, and that this is very rare, then he tried a silver nitrite "washing" three times. This basically burns off the top layer of skin. He said that if the third one didnt work, I would need a repair. My question is-how do I know what I need? It seems that everytime I have a "washing" the pain moves to a different spot. It is almost like a toothache that I cant pinpoint to a specific location, but I know it hurts! When I check the spot myself it feels like it is sore in the muscle as well as the loose tissue on the outer edge. What are the odds that a repair will work? I am very skeptical that anything is going to work at this point and I want to make sure I do the right thing. If it is a nerve, what would the treatment be? If it is granulated tissue, what would be the treatment? If it is just sore, what is the treatment? I need info! What about steroid shots? What do they help? They have been recommended to me too, but at this point I am desperate enough for the surgery.
Well I am no sedical expet here (far from it in fact LOL) But you have had 2 diffrent doctors tell you to repair. My suggestion would be to try one more doctor and see what they say, if they also say repair, then you AND your hubby should sit down and talk about all the information you have (do some research as well)and decide what is best for you. Good Luck!!!
i am not a dr ut i do know were you are coming from i too have struggled with granulated tissue for the last 8 months however i never was treated with silver nitrate i had a repair at 3 months post partum that did not work so i switched drs and had a new repair about 3 weeks ago at 7 months post partum i am still waiting on the results of this one but my advise is to find a dr you trust and have it repair the surgery is not pleasant but it is no worse than the first episiotomy you had and the pain you face ever day because of you episiotomy being healed wrong
ha i just relized this is from 03 now i am curious to what you did and how it worked out for you