Maternal & Child Community
Ever get the feeling something isn't right? or something.. importa...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Ever get the feeling something isn't right? or something.. important is happening?

I don't know what I would do without this site. You ladies have helped me A LOT the past few months!  I posted a couple days ago about cramping, which seemed normal. But the way my body has felt the past few days, is REALLY making me think that something is going to happen... and it's going to be sooner then later. I had my last doctor appointment a week ago (w/ the family doctor) next week I start to see my OB on a weekly bases. During that appointment he told me he was head down already (good sign). Past maybe 3-4 days I have felt a LOT of pressure in my groin, cramping, loose "bathroom business" and intense B.H contractions (and I have to argue with whomever said BH conractions don't hurt because something they REALLY do!!). So anyways... I know this is all normal, but my gut is telling me something (as in labour) might be coming a lot sooner (34 weeks today) What I'm getting at is this. For those who have children already, how did you feel before it happened? Anyone has this "gut" feeling? It's driving me nuts when I talk to family about it and they all say "no no!! he won't be here till your 40 weeks! It's your 1st baby blah blah". I know the statistics! But I've had a far from an easy pregnancy. What was it like for you?
BH do not hurt ! you could be in slow labour and having contractions . BH go tight and take your breath but not pain at all , you should get seen asap !
Honestly, I felt like c r a p for the last 5 weeks of my first pregnancy w/ my dd. I thought everyday I was going into labor, I experienced much of what you have described, cramping, pressure in my groin, tightening of my stomach, etc. And a few weeks prior I made it to 2 cm, but Still, it took a few weeks.. What you are describing makes me think of how I was..I pretty much stayed on the couch for those last few weeks...My body apparently did a lot of 'preparing' before I ever actually went into labor. I was really uncomfortable, and all the docs kept teling me was that I was definately close..Hang in there, you definately sound close to the end...
I agree BH contractions have never hurt me.... This is my second pregnancy and I've had lots of Bh contractions. They make my belly tight and if I have alot in one day sometimes my ribs are sore but they've never been painful! They are very uncomfortable though.... If you are in pain when your belly tightens then more likely than not you're having real contractions. I'd contact your doctor and let them know that you are having contractions!
i know that what family said bother the pregannt women especially whaen she is with her first, don't let them stress you,  but listen not all women will have their baby at the 40th, there is always exceptions, my baby has turned he head down since i was 28 weeks. tryto ba positive and relax as much as you can at least for the next 3 weeks, and once you hit your 37th weeks, i think you are safe to have this little one.
My best friend just had a baby at 32 weeks and had similar circumstances. I really think you need to call your OB asap!
thank u thank u for all the fast responses!! I was waiting for the office to get off of lunch and answer the phone. Now I'm just sitting here waiting for the doc/nurse to call me back.
My doc fit me in today, thank god. But really didn't tell me much. My cervix is closed but soft.. what the hell does that mean? and "go home and relax" was his answer.  Appartenly this is just typical pregnancy at this stage. Which sucks because its pretty uncomfortable. Maybe it was just wishful thinking that he's coming early