Maternal & Child Community
Extremely high creatinine?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Extremely high creatinine?

I recently had a baby and recieved copies of my medical records. I was induced due to high blood pressure that came on the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy. I was never diagnosed with preeclampsia or anything. Just pregnancy induced hypertension. However, I noticed on my CMP labs that my creatinine was 4.7!!! And my SGOT was raised to 47. My doctors never mentioned anything about this. Isn't the normal creatinine only up to 1.3 or something? A level this high ususually indicates kidney impairement, right?

Would these two things in combination indicate developing preeclampsia? Should I be concerned regarding how high it was? Should I go to the doctors? I had a CMP done about 2 or 3 times prior to this during my pregnancy and my levels were never high then. I'm trying to figure out what it might mean. I'm kinda concerned!
i would defin. check this out.. ..... so I have to ask, are you urinating ok. The high blood pressure that goes along with preeclamsia    may have led to your elavated creat level. BLood pressure is controlled by the angiotension inhibitor located in the kidney, so THe pre exsisting condition could have led to your abnormal blood work, I would think the mD would have addressed this with you, I would have it checked out. creatinine clearance is the best indicator of kidney failure
sorry i reread your post.. you did not have preeclampsia.. but how high was your blood pressure. Now please let me reiterate something with U . I work in the medical field, but not maternity, maybe this level wouldnt be considered high for someone in your shoes. the lab value is abnormal and panic level for your normal person. I do not know if that changes in a pregnant women  
Thanks for your replys.  To answer your questions no I wasn't diagnosed with preeclampsia.  These labs were drawn however the day I was induced.  I haven't had any lab work done since as my doctor obviously wasn't concerned.  My pressures only went as high as the mid 140's over 90's.  Not extremely high, but high none the less.  I haven't had any trouble urinating nor have I experienced any back pain.  That is what I find so strange.  If my creatinine was that high (which I now know a level 5 is considered kidney failure) why I had no symptoms.  Would the level and my kidney function go back to normal after my pressure went down after delivery?  I'm just concerned that I might have long term kidney damage...is that possible?
STAGE 1 OF KIDNEY FUNCTION MY DOC SAYS THAT IT GOES UP TO 0.0-1.
my little girl has high levels of creatinine in her blood which is at the 56, she had kidney reflux and im so worried any one have any advice for me pls she had both sings on both kidney,her iron levels are low also and she eats very little, im taking her to the best  private doc and i feel like going inscane im the one doing all the work and im getting no where only more trouble and damage done, she is nearly five years old and has been on med from round 18months and recenltly off them ... what do i do,