FAINT HEARTBEAT!!! IS MY BABY DYING???
I went for an u/s three nights ago, and the heartbeat could barely be read; it was very faint. I SHOULD be at 9wks, but that might or might not be definite because two different nights we tried to get me pregnant. My gyn/ob says im 9wks according to the first day of my last period though. The baby is also only measuring 4/5wks. Does anyone think I'm about to have a miscarriage? Or, could I maybe just be having a premature baby? I'm really worried because this is my first pregnancy and I don't know what to expect. Help me please!!
It could be that you aren't as far along as you think you are. Hearing a heartbeat is actually a good sign of a progressing pregnancy however normally by ultrasound you don't hear a heartbeat that early. Earliest I've heard of someone hearing it via ultrasound is 5w4d. Also a lot of times the babies heart rate isn't as fast once it begins beating. My daughters was only at 95 bpm the first time during ultrasound and she is now 4 months. Only thing you can really do is maybe get another ultrasound in a week to make sure things are progressing. I'll keep you in my prayers and I hope everything turns out okay for you.