FETAL HEARTBEAT STOPPED DURING ULTRASOUND AND RESTARTED
I had an ultrasound a few days ago.  During the ultrasound the babies heartbeat stopped for five full seconds and started back up. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this?  I have to wait 10 more days to have a fetal echocardiogram.I would appreciate any information on this.
WOW  thats kind of scary..What did they say at the u/s?
You would think if it was something important they would have done things STAT.
Did you discuss with your doctor the results.?
I hope things go well for your baby.  It would be good to have another ultrasound on a different machine and to have the specialist look into this.  In the mean time, this web-site has some miracle stories that will help encourage you while you wait this out.  God bless you and your little one!

http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/forums/
cinnamon, Well I have only spoken with the nurse who set up the fetal echocardiogram and she told me not to worry.  They won't know more until they do the level 2 ultrasound and the fetal echo.  I think you have to be 22 weeks to do the fetal echo and I will be 22 weeks on May 4th, my appointment date.  I think that's why I have to wait so long.

Lovinmom, thanks for the website, I will have to check it out.

I just wish there was someone who could shed some light on this.  I haven't found anyone who has experienced something like this before.