FROM CHANTAL
As most of us knew Jesse had been in the hospital for a few days now. They discover that he WILL need surgery tomorrow, so if everyone could Please pray for jesse that would be great and prob. mean the world to Chantal.

Here is what she wrote me today:

The condition is called biliary atresia. They still don't know if that's what he has for sure, but if he does, the surgery could actually last up to 5 hours...not 2 hours. =( And if they do the full surgery, he will be in the PICU (icu for kids) for 2 days at least. I feel like I am dreaming. I just want to wake up and have my normal healthy baby back. I'm glad they let us go home last night! What a blessing to get good sleep in our own bed and snuggle time with my baby before tomorrow. We have to be at the hospital by 8:15. The last nursing session before surgery will be by 4:45am and between 4:45 and 6:45 he can only have pedialyte or water if he is hungry. Then IV fluids in the hospital when we arrive. I keep praying and hoping when they go in that it's just a simple blockage that they can clear it and he can recover from quickly. I can always hope! But only God knows. Basically, if he has this disease, there is a chance he may need a liver transplant in the next 2 years (or sooner) or sometime in his life. I will be going to this hospital once a week for a year for testing and monitoring. Then every 2 weeks, every month and every 6 months until he is 18. I sometimes hope it's not biliary atresia, BUT at the same time we need a diagnosis and if it's not that, then the poor baby needs more testing and more poking done. I am just hoping for the best. The ONLY symptoms he has are, greenish/whitish stools, and yellow skin. Other than that, he is normal! He is gaining and growing properly according to their charts, so that kinda shocked them. He is strong, I know he is. But if the procedure to correct it fails, he will need a liver transplant without question. I'm an emotional wreck...please just pray for us. You can even let the ladies know everything I told you here. I'm so thankful for all the support and prayers. I will go now and try to keep everyone updated on everything when I can and when I hear something.

~chantal~
Oh my... I feel so badly for her and Jesse having to go through all of this.  I posted to her on facebook....  I am sending a ton of prayers their way...

Kelly
Bump**
I will keeping on praying the same as I have for the last 3 days. I will be holding my breath along with you at 8:15 when you get to the hospital untill you are sure he has made it through. Jesse IS a very strong and I know he will make it through this. Being a mother you never stop worring about your children. I hope and pray that they will fix what ever is wrong so that he can come home and live a happy , healthy normal life with you, daddy and big brother! Hugs Chantal!!
We're all praying for him.  Thinking good, strong, healthy thoughts for you and your family.

Let me know if you can tomorrow, how things went.
Oh, poor Mama and poor baby. I hope things go well and it's nothing too major that can't be at least controlled and doesn't need a transplant. So sad to see your baby go through something like that. We are praying for her strength and for baby to pull through quickly! Please keep us posted and let her know we are all thinking about her and Jesse!
Oh my, I hope all goes well for Jesse. Sending lots of hugs.
Chantal and her baby boy are in my thoughts! How sad! I hope Jesse is okay!
Oh no, I didn't even know this was happening.  Send her our very best and please keep us updated as much as you can.  Poor baby.
*Bump*

Any updates?
No I havent heard anything yet.....Sugery was at 10.....
I hope the surgery went well,
J
This was posted on Chantals facebook page:

Jesse is out of surgery, had to do the full procedure. He has Biliary Astresia, and had the Kasai procedure done. He's stable, just waiting until he can get out of the PICU and into a normal room. We should know in a week or so if the procedure worked for him. There is a chance he may need a liver transplant one day.
Chantal posted an update about Jesse on the Preg 18-34 forum... Check it out for more details...
Thanks, I was wondering what the outcome was.

Thank you all so much! I am sorry I didn't put an update over here. I was just too distraught and sad. Thank you for the prayers and thoughts. I am getting ready to go see my baby today. Hubby is over there right now and let me get some sleep (something I have not been doing this week) So I feel a bit refreshed. Still worried. But I know he is strong and will be ok. Thank you all again! I will keep the updates coming or I'm sure someone on MH will keep you all informed.
Chantal, hugs and prayers your way
thank you
***Jesse is out of the PICU....yay! In a regular room again. Still recovering, but seems to be doing ok. A little more alert today which is good. Just waiting for the liver biospy to see how well it's functioning and it will determine how long his liver will last if he needs the transplant. He needs some other tests done as well and we should know in the next week how everything is functioning with this procedure
Oh my. Chantal, I am sending so many prayers and hugs for you and your family! I'm sorry I haven't been on lately. You are in my thoughts!