Faint Line on Pregnancy Test?
Does anyone know what this means? There are definitely two lines there. One is faint though. I took a test jsut now (not my first pee of the morning either). I am supposed to have a blood test tomorrow. Any thoughts? Thanks!
sounds positive to me!!  CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK!!  I hope your blood test confirms it!!
My first test was very light, but it was still BFP.
mine was too light...but it was +ve..congratulations..i am in 7th week now..
Mine too! A line is a line!  :)
A line is a line, as long as you can rather easily see it and don't have to put it under a microscope, or squint really, really hard, or put it through all sorts of lighting to see it.

If you can glance at it and see it, it's positive.
Even a faint line is positive - negative tests are blank.  Congrats!  Take another later on or in the am to reassure you - thats what I did my first one was faint and about two hours later I took another - different type of test and it came out bright +.  Yippi - sounds like you are having a baby.
Thank you for your replies! We are praying and crossing our fingers... I couldn't handle another ectopic pregancy this year. We've had 2 and are yet to have a successful pregnancy which is why I am so worried. We're hoping that THIRD TIME IS A CHARM!
As long as the line develops during the 5 minute time period. Otherwise it can be an evaporation line which is the dried residue from the test. You can wait too long to read, or go get it out of trash, and then there's a line but they are usually evaps. Peeonastick.com has pictures of these.
Congrats!  I just found out a week and a half ago and had the same problem at first!  The cross part of the line was really faint, so I went to the store and bought one that said either pregnant or not.  But don't drink a lot of water to make yourself urinate, or it won't come out right (not enough time in your system, maybe?)  If you see a line going up and down that has even a faint blue color to it, you are going to be a mommy too!  Congratulations!
No, even negative tests have a barely discernible line where the test reagent is.  By barely discernible, I mean you have to look under a very strong light to see it, or use a magnifying glass.  This is the strip were the hcg in the urine reacts.  Many, many ladies here have posted about seeing such a line, one even had her husband POAS and saw it.  When the urine crosses the chemical test line, it can show up very, very faintly, just from moisture.

We have women here who test God knows how many times a day, and practically use an electron microscope to try to see a line.  This does not sound like the case with this poster.  She sounds like she had a good line, easily seen.

A positive pregnancy test is a line (yes, even a faintish one)which can be seen with the naked eye, under normal lighting, at a normal distance.  It develops within the time frame of the test.  Anything else should be repeated in a few days time, after more of the HCG hormone is present in the urine to be detected.
I believe it says it right on the box and in the instructions- ANY line is considered a positive, even if it's faint. Of course the blood test will tell you w/out a doubt, but I'd consider it a positive result.
So long as the line developes within the necessary timeframe and carries color (i.e. blue or pink depending on the style of test you are using), it is a BFP. Congrats!

I got a VERY faint BFP two days ago, three clearer BFPs yesterday, and verified it at the dr today. I think it is celebration time for you! Let us know when you verify it. CONGRATS again!
i am 6 days late and i have all of the symptons of being pregnant but i had my tubes tied in february of 2006 the same day i had my c section.i am only 26 years old but i took a pregnancy test yesterday morning and it had a faint line that you can see without using any light and this morning i took the same kind of test and it has a faint line that you can see without any light as well the only thing is ,is that they appeared a little later than the time expected.can i be pregnant???and i also took my temperature orally yesterday and today and it is 98.3.can i be pregnant.and do you think its an ectopic pregnancy being that i got my tubes tied??
Thank you thank you thank you!  I can glance at all three tests and see 2 lines.  Both of the lines came up within about 2 minutes.  I want this so bad, and now I am nervous, scared, and excited all at the same time!  I am anxious to get to the Dr. tomorrow.  Thank you for your confirmations.  :)
I took 5 hot and 3 of da tests were + but I'm in doubt bcuz da line came up like really lite and it took 30 minutes to show so of anyone could give advice plz...I do want to say I had a period last month and it ended on da 10 but I'm very irregular
If it took 30 minutes to show up it's not a true positive. If you read the instructions on the box it says that any results after the time frame (generally 10 minutes) should be disregarded. What you see is an evap line and shows up on almost all tests after some amount of time.
I took a test yesterday afternoon, maybe I didn't look at it long enough, but when I came back to look at it, there were two blue lines going up and down. The next morning I took  another one and it was negative, I looked at it a few hours later to see if an evaporation line formed and no, after almost 6 hrs there is still one line only. What does this mean?
i just took a pregnancy test and in 5minutes i had a very very faintish line appearing, 1 line is dark and 1 is very faintish,i dont know if i am pregnant but i still have 6days left for my period due date,
i pee'd on a stick friday morning and thought it was negative (within the firt 2min) however i looked again on Saturday and the line was faint, but visable. my only question is, did it show up within the time frame it was supposed to? BUT i figure: ive had negative tests before and no matter how long after i read the results, there was never even reMoTELy a line there. the only things i CAN DO is (1) take another test and watch for results the whole 10min or (2) set an appointment