Maternal & Child Community
Faint positive
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Faint positive

Hi my period is not due for another 2-3 weeks yet I did a pregnancy test this morning. It came back with a very faint positive result. I have been suffering recently with headaches, nausea, weeing more than usual a tender stomach and stomach cramps. Could I be pregnant??
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
136689_tn?1333573136
You will have to wait until your peroid is due, to really tell
Blank
I have never seen a false positive. You can get a false negative, but not a false positive. With my daughter I got a positive result 2 weeks before my period was due. I would wait a couple days and take it again just to ease your mind... but congratulations- it looks like you are having a baby!
Blank
562884_tn?1279635934
You can get a false positive, it happens all the time!( ecspecially on the plus sign tests) Are your cycles irregular, because if you are regular you would just now be "O"ing unless you are actually PG from your last cycle. I would re-test, if that is posaitive than it's not a false positive. And you are infact PG. but probly further than you think, cuz you don't get a poitive test a day after ovulation it takes at least a week or so for the egg to make it through your tube & implant! Test again dear, Good luck!
Blank
If you perfomed the test correctly (read the result within the allocated time, etc) it is very likely you are pregnant as false positives are extremely rare.

It is possibe to ovulate any time during your cycle.  A HPT will typically not give a positive result for pregnancy until about 10-14 days after conception so if you are pregnant, you got pregnant close to 2 weeks ago.
Blank
My cycles come either every 30 or 32 days. I did a pregnancy test last week and it came back negative. Which is why I was wondering why I got a pos this week.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...