Maternal & Child Community
Feeling Dehydrated.. 7 weeks pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Feeling Dehydrated.. 7 weeks pregnant

Hey guys, I am 7 weeks and wanted to know is a normal to feel dehydrated during pregnancy. i have drank like 8 16oz cups of water today, and I still feel dehydrated!! Is that normal?
Try gatorade.  The last thing you want to be during pregnancy is dehydrated.  It can cause your uterus to tighten (braxton hicks) and you cant have that so early on in pregnancy.
after that i have been also drinking crystal light, but i dont think i am dehydrated i just feel like it, my mouth is always dry and i am always thirsty
I would say that you might want to tray some gatorade only because, if they baby is taking your nutrients and your drinking enough water and taking your prenatals, that maybe you just need a bit more of a replacement.  Maybe that will help satisfy you and it can help replenish what your loosing.  Or also, try some vitamin water.
Your body is going through a lot of changes and anything is possible.  Sounds like you are drinking plenty of water.  Like newbie said, I would recommend a sports drink like gatorade or powerade.  Stay away from the crystal light because of the artificial sweetners.  I always say, try to stay as natural as possible.  If your thirsty, then drink.  It won't hurt you, and you get plenty of exercise running to the potty.
I remember when I first got pregnant. Right around 5-7wks I was thirsty constantly. It's usually normal. As long as your are staying out of the heat. If you get real worried about it ask the doctors to check your electrolytes. That will tell if you really are dehydrated, but like I said I wouldn't worry too much about it.
I've had problems with dehydration so far (went to the ER twice for fainting). I wasn't used to drinking so much water before I became pregnant , so when I was I tried to drink enough but I couldn't quite make up for what I lost. They put me on a IV to "catch up" and my doc advised me to drink half of my body weight in ounces a day. So far everything is fine.
Oh and in early pregnacy the only thing that would quinch my thirst was milk, water did nothing,soda dehydrated me worse but milk just did the trick :)