Feeling movement with an anterior placenta
Hello ladies,

I'm currently 21 weeks pregnant. I had a scan last week which showed that everything is going well, which after losing a baby at 15 weeks last year is a HUGE relief.
I have been desperately waiting to feel my baby move recently, and I am positive that just recently I have been feeling him/her. When I am resting I sometimes feel like a popping sensation, like I am being tapped from the inside....does this make sense??

Also, my scan showed that I have an anterior placenta which from reading tells me that it is at the front of my uterus so therefore may effect how much I can feel the baby move. Some literature I've read even suggests that my DH may never be able to feel movement either.

What are the experiences of you ladies who can relate to this?

Thanks in advance. x
hi i to have a anterior placenta and i am 17weeks or 18 week my ob said that would explain why we were having trouble finding the hb with the doppler which was a relief i have felt some flutters and almost a popping feeling not that often and my ob said that it may be longer till  my DH feels the baby kick  but instead i have or have been having u/s done every 2 weeks ( due to losing one of the twins as im high risk) and DH comes to them the ob said that it would not cause any other problems it just may mean that i wont feel the baby kick as much so im looking at it as positive for when the baby is really big and kick all the time that you cant sleep at night i may not have that problem.  my second dd her placenta was the same when she kicked  you could feel it and even see it but i was further along in the pregnancy i think i was nearly 30 weeks or more hope that helped some  take care  
I was told my placenta is at the front of my uterus too, but he (my dr.) never said anything about not being able to feel the baby move for a while, or my DH feeling the baby move.  

I started feeling the baby move around 18 weeks, and around 21 weeks, my rest of my family has been able to feel the baby move.

I'm currently 35 weeks, and I feel the baby move, a lot!
I am currently 20 weeks and have an anterior placnta, and can barely feel the baby move. This is my 4 pregancy and I have never gone this far along without going more then half a day without movement. It's werid, and concerning at times. However, there must be truth in having and anterior placenta and baby;s movement being limited or not felt for some time along. I read this posting of a women who expressed having an anterior placenta and being 31 weeks along and she doesn't feel her baby move. I suppose it will be different for everyone. However, I can not imagaine being that far along and not feeling my baby's movements (that's one of the best parts about being pregnant).