Maternal & Child Community
Feeling the baby

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Feeling the baby

When do you start feeling the baby?  I thought I read it somewhere, but can't seem to find it again and I was curious.
From what I have gathered (not speaking from experience) you begin feeling flutters around your 5th month.  I am under the assumption that this varies but I think it's the standard.
Everyone's different and it also depends on if it's your first baby or if you're on your 2nd or more. I felt my baby at 19 or 20 weeks with the first which I think is the average. Once you begin feeling movements, it's the best!!!! For me, that's what really begins the real bonding with your little one. It's awesome.
This is my first and I can't wait to feel the baby!  I am 9 weeks today so I have a little while.  Thanks for the help!
i am pregnant with my second and also have been feeling movements for a bit and im just over 14 weeks pregnant been feelin them for over a week with my first i felt at 17 weeks. it depends on the number of babys also they say some larger women do not feel it till later on in the pregnancy good luck
I felt the first flutters around week 13, but didn't realize thats what it was until I felt the real big ones around 16 weeks. I also had a due date that was off by a week or so. It will feel a little like gas.

I'm almost 9 weeks now and I thought for sure I felt the baby a few times. Just feels like flutters and as you get into the 19-20th week they will become more. This is my second pregnancy and I hear you can feel the movement sooner as well as showing sooner, which I am already begining to show as well.  Did anyone else show this early?