Maternal & Child Community
Fell down... do you think baby is ok?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Fell down... do you think baby is ok?

Hi ladies.  I know I am quite the worrier but I can't help it.  After finding out we were having a girl we decided to have a celebration cookout today.  I was busy doing things and didn't remember my husband had just mopped the kitchen floor.  I went in their to do something and slipped and fell flat on my butt.  I feel a bit sore but around an hour later I felt the baby kick.  She hasn tdone much since then but some days she is less active and I was pretty busy today with the cook out so I may not have been as aware.  Do you think she is ok?  I haven tfelt her for a few hours but like i said that is hard to go by.  I slipped and fell pretty hard flat on my butt like I said... I don't know how damaging that can be. ?? Any thoughts?  
How far along are you?  I think she's probably okay.  Don't forget they are surrounded in the amniotic (sp?) fluid that keeps them safe from falls.  I'm sure she is fine.  There are people out there who get into car accidents when pg and babies are fine.  Just keep track of her movements and call the dr to let them know you fell they may want to check you out just to be safe.

Good luck and congrats on your baby girl!!
I am sure you are OK since you fell on your bottom. How far along are you? The baby has plenty of cushioning so as long as you didn't fall hard on your stomache I am sure she is fine. Maybe lay down and do some kick counts, if you don't feel at least 10 movements in 2 hrs give your MD a call. Maybe before you do that drink some OJ or have something to eat. That usually gets them going.
If you are sitting there debating with yourself if your hurt or not go ahead and call your doctor.  If it's after hours they can page him so that he can call you back.   I am 21w2d and I haven't fallen but I have dreams of falling on my back while pregnant.  I hope you and your baby are fine.  Take care.
I'm just over 21 weeks.  I am goign to try and lay low and not worry too much and see what I can feel from her.  I never feel 10 kicks in 2 hours yet... not unless it's really late at night.  but I will drink something sugary and see if I can't get her going.  Thanks for your advice everyone!
if you are worried go to the ER and have an u/s done. I hope everthing turns out ok
Ive been feeling kicking and movement... do you think that means things are ok?  I'll still call the doc tomorrow and ask, but i was wondering what you all thought today???
What did they mean by fluid?  I have been noticing discharge but I am unsure of whether it is normal or not... I think I'm just really watching for something to be wrong out of worry.  I'm still having trouble feeling kicks but I think I have felt a few.  It's hard for me to tell this early in the pregnancy... I have felt movement at times in the past few weeks but not always definite kickign so I'm unsure of what I'm looking for here.  I think I slept pretty hard las tnight so I wouldnt have even felt if she was moving at all... I was so exhausted after such a long day.  I drank a cup of coffee this morning but nothing :(
I have light cramping but nothing strong which seems normal as my uterus is growing.  No blood or anything.  I have been such a worrywart this pregnancy I'm really trying to make no big deal of this.  I fell on my butt and I'm almost positive nothing else hit the ground.  I remember my foot hurting which obv has nothingb to do with my pregnancy... it just hit the wall where i slipped.  Ok, I'm goign to relax and stay low today and will call docs office tomorrow if I don't feel her getting hyper around her usual time tonight!
as long as you didnt land on your belly, you're probably fine, but a trip to the doc tomorrow might put your mind at ease. i passed out around 33 weeks and fell out of my chair (landed on the back of my head, somehow)... went to the ER where they did an EEG, blood work, then sent me to L&D for an NST. all fine but it was nice to make sure.
fell on my belly at 20 weeks and baby girl was perfectly fine.  With my previous pregnancy I fell on my butt really hard at about 34 weeks, bruised really bad, and they made me go in a be monitored for a few hours, and a u/s just to make sure placenta hadn't come loose.  If you are concerned go to the L & D and get checked.  Best of luck to you.
I fell down the stairs with my 1 year old in my arms when I was 34 weeks pregnant. They told me as long as I didn't have any fluid or blood I was probably fine. At 21 weeks they are even more protected by the fluid so I am sure you are fine. I was fine and didn't have my baby until 40 weeks.
I think the baby should be fine. Isn't the pregnancy clumsiness great?! I fell down basement steps when I was about 23 weeks with my last one. Everything was ok. Your baby is moving around and kicking which is a good sign. If you start to experience any sort of contractions then call your doctor right away!!