Fetal Heart Rate
Today I got my first ultrasound and they didn't let me hear my baby's heart beat.At first I thought it was because i was only 6 weeks so they couldn't detect it but the doctor than told me my baby's heart rate was in the 90's and that was low. He told me i was facing a miscarriage. Should I worry or just be patient. Could me stressing cause the heart rate of my baby be so low?
i) Typically, you don't "hear" the babies heartbeat until about the 12th week.

ii) Your babies heat beat is on the slow side IF you are at 6 weeks.  If you ovulated a little latter than expected (and arent as far along as you thought) then that is a different story.

Here is a link to an article which contains information you will find useful:

http://radiology.rsnajnls.org/cgi/content/full/236/2/643

Based on the heart rate ALONE, you aren't necessarily facing a miscarriage.  Did the baby measure for 6 weeks or is that based on your LMP?  Has the doctor been checking your HCG levels too?

iii) Stress, at this stage in pregnancy, will not significantly lower your babies heartrate.

I heard that a normal heart rate for 6 weeks is anywhere from 90-110. as you get further along the heart rate will increase. At around 9 weeks is when it should be pretty stable anywhere from 140-170 give or take a few. to me it sounds okay right now. When I was 8 weeks along I had an u/s and the doctor couldn't even give me an accurate reading. He said it ranged from 86 all the way up to 189!! I was of course terrified thinking my baby had a heart problem and I would miscarry for the 3rd time. But thankfully, when I went in for my first appt. at 13 weeks to actually hear the heartbeat, it couldn't have been more perfect! It was around 140-150. and still is. I would just try not to stress as this will not help you or the baby and just wait and see. I wish you the best! Do you have another appt. scheduled to check on the heart rate?
At 6w1d mine was 89, I am 18 weeks today :0)  Remain positive, Chantal is right, 90-110, do they want to see you back in a week?