Fetal heartrate at 120 at 16 weeks
This is my third pregnancy.  I know that the normal range for a FHR is 120-160 (or 180 depending on who you ask) but with my last two pregnancies, it was in the 140's at 16 weeks. I was at the Dr office yesterday and the nurse couldn't keep the heartbeat long enough for it to register, but when the Dr checked it, he got 120.  I know that's on the "low end" of normal...but it makes me nervous.  What kind of things make a babies heart rate so low?  I've read that maybe the baby was sleeping, but it was moving all around (it doesn't like the doppler and moves as far awas as possible - typically I can't even get a reading on the doppler!).  Any info that you can provide will be great.

THANKS!
Fetal heartrates can vary almost moment by moment...yours was on the low end of normal...but likely if you waited a few minutes it would have been higher.

If your doctor did not express any concern, I certainly would not make yourself crazy over a heartrate in range.  I debated about getting a doppler at home, but my DH talked me out of it 'cause he knew it would drive me nuts.

Soon you will feel your little one moving around and that will help put your mind at ease.

If you're still concerned, a quick call to the ob just to make sure that they are okay with it will also bring you some peace of mind.

Aren't all of us mothers great worriers?

Good luck!
The maternal fetal guy i just saw said HB can vary a lot.  Also 120 is on the low end of "Normal" so you are still in the normal range.  I wouldn't worry unless it went much lower!!