Maternal & Child Community
Fevers

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Fevers

Hello, for the past six days my daughter has had a temperature ranging from 97.9 to 103.  Once I give her tylenold, the fever seems to go away for about 5-9 hours, then comes back.  The doctor still believers that it may be a viral infection or may possible be an ear infection that is not noticeable.  There are no other symptoms.  She is eating, drinking, going to the bathroom, and playing like normal.  Is there anything else that this could be?

This discussion is related to high fever that comes and goes.
my doc always asks how my child is acting and says if she's not acting sick than she's fine. Viruses can take several days to run their course. if your daughter is older than 6 months you can also try motrin (you might have to get the correct dose from the doctor).
I tried the motrin and tylenol, but nothing seems to take the fever away.  My peditrician doesn't seemed all that concerned, but if she is not better by Wednesday then they want to do some blood work.  I am just getting irritated that the peditrician has not answer to what the problem is.  This is her first fever she ever had and the worst.
My son also has the same fever that comes and goes for about 6 days now. ranging from 98-101. FBC, UFR, CRP reports are all normal. doctor even prescribed brufen for a day. but still the fever comes and goes. what was the cause for this in your daughter's case?