Fifth disease and early pregnancy
My daughter had IVF icsi implantation of 2 embyros on Thursday and they were grade 18 or 19. What does that mean? The grade numbers seem to differ with clinics.   The Dr told her she had a tipped uterus also.  She has been lying flat on her back for 3 days.  Is this necessary? SHe has progesterone suppositories  also. Some of her friends at work have Fifth Disease and she is worried about that. It is a very stressful time as she awaits for the 2 weeek period to take a test but we are praying that she is preggo with them both. SHe has pains in her right side today but not in her uterus. Could this be from the retrieval?
I don't know much about IVF at all, but fifth disease, I do.  At four weeks pregnant I was exposed to fifths disease as well.  I had blood work done to confirm my exposure.  The doctor told me that if I had ever been exposed before or had the chicken pox, it was likely that I was immune to fifths.  The blood test takes about 3 days to come back.  I was immune, and have never had fifths before.  Good Luck....
She needs to go to the doctor and have bloodwork done.  They test for immunity to parvovirus, which is the concern with Fifth's Disease.  There have been many cases in the schools I teach in-thankfully I am immune.
I don't know much abvout fifths...but I have had a successful ivf and am now 6 months pregnant!

The three days laying down seems to be debatable depending on the clinic. Mine required the 3 days bedrest...and as mine was a success...I think it's definitely worth it. As for the pain on her right side, it could also be her ovary...which is normal..they have been stretched to the max during the stimulating meds and I have heard some aches are normal afterwards.

Good Luck to her! The 2ww is hard, just try to keep busy...
Thank you for your comments.  She works in a day care and she will not go back until tested. She has been off for  2 weeks for the IVF procedure . She did have the chicken pox when she was young so maybe she is immune.
chicken pox has nothing to do with fifths, unless he means that a person exposed to childhood illnesses growing up like chicken pox, is also likely to have veb exposed to fifths. i also work with young children, so my dr tested me for immunity at my first appt. i also had no recollection of having the illness, and my mom couldn't remember me having it either. however, apparently i have had it, because it showed in my bloodwork. fifths is a very common childhood illness and people often don't realize that's what it was. the fever associated with it is often low-grade and unnoticable in children. the rash that follows can be confused with sunburn or other skin irritations if you don't know what you're looking for. for ths reason, a lot of people don't know if they had it as kids (by the way, it's sooo much worse for adults who get it!!!!)  as for fifths and pregnancy, i recently researched it (we had it in school and a coworker just found out she was pregnant,) and according to the cdc, it does not necessarily lead to complications.
anyways, chances are, she did have it as a child, but i am glad to hear they're testing to see if she did.
Sorry I don't mean to change to subject, but since we are on the topic of human parvovirus and fifths disease I need to ask a question.  I was diagnosed with human parvovirus about 2 yrs ago. I got it from a kid in my day care class who had fifths disease. Is that something that is with you for the rest of your life or does it go away? My husband and I are ttc and now after reading the other posts on fifths disease I am a little reluctant.