Maternal & Child Community
Finding a good ob/gyn after miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Finding a good ob/gyn after miscarriage

thanks for all the postings, they got me through yesturday right after having my second early miscarriage in two months.  I am feeling better today and much more optimistic about the future.  I am 32-years-old and have been trying for about 4-months.  Getting pregant isnt the problem, it's making it beyond 4-weeks.  My ob/gyn got me very upset last week a couple of times because they said i would get lab results back the next day after 1pm and both days I didnt.  In fact on Friday i would have known that the levels were dropping if the lab had gotten the results back before close of business like they were supposed to.  I realize that these things happen, but twice in one week at a time when i was stressed as hell about the pregnacy and my dad just being put in ICU was not helpful at all.  I would have appreciated an apology or something, but I just got attitude back from the support staff when I became frustrated.  If i would have know that my levels were that low on friday, i would not have had to spend 4 hours in the emergency room on Monday to find out that I was miscarrying.  I guess I need to find a new ob/gyn, but I dont even know where to start now.  I am very optimistic know about next month after reading things posted by people here, but I am also scared to death of having to go through this again too.

They said my progesterone levels were great, so i dont know what happened.  I am afraid it was extreme stress, but then again i begin to blame myself if I go that way.  Hopefully it was just a fluke and wont happen again.  I would appreciate any suggestions
you definitely need an OB/GYN you are comfortable with. Where are you located? Maybe one of us knows one. I know a fabulous one if you are in N. Texas.
I live in Dallas and my OB/GYN is in Plano and is absolutely wonderful.  I found out that I had a bicornuate uterus 3 months ago and he couldn't be more supportive and caring.  He is also a high risk OB/GYN, lucky for me.  Where do you live?
Glad to see another Texas gal on here!!
Sorry for your loss

Unfortunately at hospitals your just a number some times
Labs and other areas are swamped by work,  and calling people back gets forgotten..
To them its just another day but to you its the world dont take it personal

If your uncomfortable with your doctor you are more than entitled to find a new one, bedside manner and being comfortable with your doctor is number one priority in my books!
Best wishes!and Good luck
you drive from Dallas to Plano?  that must be a good OB/GYN. Mine is in Grapevine. He was voted best Dr. in DFW this year by his peers. I love him!! :o)
I am in Douglasville, GA.  I am much more positive today about everything and I feel like ignoring the doctors and trying again in a couple of weeks, as I miscarried so early.  They say I have to go back sometime soon to make sure my levels go back to zero, but they were only 14 on Monday.  In all honesty i am afraid i am going to go off on someone if i go back to the same ob/gyn because of my anger about how I have been treated by some of the staff.  I think they dont like me because I am very educated about this stuff and ask them a bunch of questions when i hear contradictory information.  Thanks so much for responding.  I think I am going to be on here a lot now because I find it very helpful.   -TINA
Good luck Tina, and the best doctors are those that are refererred to you.  You have to find one who trats you openly honestly and follows through.  Mine gave me his cell number for when he went on vacation because based on my ultrasounds and HCG levels...they were going up but not like they were suppossed to, he thought I might need to be in communication with a quick question.  Look around and if they do not allow you to visit the office to look around and meet the staff, then perhaps they are not the ones to put you well being in the hands of for 9 months or more!

Good luck, and try again!  We are not going to wait either!

Michelle
Wow Michelle, that's great that you got his cell.  That would be so helpful and is really a testament to his support to his patients.  I am a doctor myself (child psychologist) and I know how much I go out of my way for my clients, especially when they are in crisis, so I expect the same in return.  Unfortunately, many only look at it as just a job.  The positive thing about all of this is that I am wiser and more prepared to know what to expect now.  I appreciate your comments a lot.  GOOD LUCK.   -TINA
Tina,

I hope that you have had a good day.  I was very surprised with my doctors willingness to give me his cell too.  I know that there is an OB where you live in which this is not just "a job", and I want you to see him/her and have that MD take GREAT care of you.  You need that support from your MD right now!

I am debating undergoing testing for my miscariages right now, and I am going to try one more time before I get poked again!

Keep me posted okay?  Also, Thank God for wonderful people like you who choose to help those in need of help everyday;-)

Michelle
thanks michelle.  I really appreciate it.  How many miscarriages have you had?  What testing has to be done if someone keeps having them?  A couple of people told me to start using progesterone cream because I cant hurt and is often an undiagnosed problem due to the increased hormones (estrogen) commonly found in food these days.  Is there a way I can get you my e-mail or IM without giving everyone my info?  -tina
Tina,  I would love to talk with you via e-mail... i have an old one that I do not check often and will give you...I can;t say that I check it everyday...mainly set up for online stuff...ie junk mail;-)

It is m_lars***@****.  please just go there, and we can continure our talks.

I have had two mc now and my md is very proactive, and that is good and bad.  Testing he wants is chromosomal with both me and my husband, but those are rather expensive.  Others include autoimmune for me.  I can tell you more personally.

Michelle