Maternal & Child Community
Finding small red spots on my 2 1/2 old daughter's feet

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

My daughter had been running a fever and noticed that she had cold sores lining her inside bottom lip. Now my wife and I had noticed that she now has small red dots on the bottom of her feet. Can anyone tell me what this might be? There are probably 8-10 dots on the bottom of each foot. They are the size of a dot mark from a felt pen.
when i was in the 7th grade i got fever blisters all in my mouth on my tunge on my lips i was runnig a high fever and during the day i would be feeling all right but as soon as it got to the night i would not want to move my mom took me to urgent care and the said it was just a virus and it would have to run its course. i now am 20 and will always have that virus in me . so if iget stressed or have emotional days or have to much acitic acid it would come back it is a form of herpes (not sexual) so they gave me valtrex and as soon as it starts to come along i take the pill for 5 days and it will not show up. for the red dots it might be athlets feet does it itch her? i would say she needs to see the doctor imediatly considering i was like 14 when i got sick. for her to have it i would say she needs to see the dr.
good luck
nicss
Im not sure but look up hand/foot/mouth disease. Im not sure if this could be it, but its worth checking out. I would definitly get her to a doctor though. Good luck....I just looked up a website on this. It sounds like what your duaghter has. I think it's common and not too serious....
I looked at a couple websites, sounds very much like hand,foot,mouth.  Common in small children in the summer or fall. It is moderatly contagious. So if you or your wife havent had it, you might get it. I would get her to the doctor just so it can get diagnosed. But theresno treatment, it just has to run its course. Let us know what happens. Good luck.
It is infact hands, foot, and mouth virus. I called advice nurse and spoke of the symptoms and it was confirmed. Glad it wasn't herpes or athletes foot. Thanks for your comments!
I've been having red spots on my feet and hands, feels somewhat warm and very very minute noticeable itch around the arean.  It started about 10 years ago with a swollen red digit that last for a day.  The frequency was rare back then.  Now I noticed it has progressed over the years.  More red spots appear on my hands and feet, usually starts small, then increase radially to the size of a quarter; some are all red and others in shape of a ring.  Some spots don't increase in size but I noticed if they appear near a joint, then it will demobilize that part of the joint.  The symptoms travel symmetrically (ie if it appears on the left index finger, it will appear on my right finger once it goes away on the left) As I am writing this I have red spots half the size of a dime on both hands and bottom of my feet.  On my left feet the big toe is red and swollen and it was throbbing and aching all last night.

In recent two years, I observed that when I drink or eat something with High Corn Syrup or Soy, I will get those spots and joint pains.  I have been very keen on what I eat and drink, checking the ingredients written on labels.  This will reduce the frequency and severity somewhat but does not go away, which cause me to believe it is not food allergy but certain food can be a catalyst for the symptoms.  I also had Lyme Disease blood tested twice and came negative.  Any insight on this would be helpful.