Maternal & Child Community
First Period After Miscarriage.........WHEN......

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Viewing 201-303 comments:
I am 27 and I felt the same way - how did I know so little about something that is SO common?  I also spotted and started having pain - that's when I became worried - went to the doctor only to find out everything looked perfectly normal, heartbeat and all, then the very next day I miscarried. :( As I mentioned in my previous post, still no period after 5 weeks at that time and was getting impatient.  Well, I waited as long as I could, but ended up taking preg tests on Aug 7th & 8th, both were positive and since then I've had lots of bloodwork done - I'M PREGNANT without having a period after my miscarriage.  I go to the doctor Aug 24th to try and determine a due date.  So far, everything's going great, progesterone and hcg levels are GREAT.....  Staying positive that everything's going to work out for us this time!  I know it'll be tricky figuring out the due date, but I have faith that my doctor will get close enough :-)

Thanks for sharing your experience and hope my story helps you start trying again SOON - GOOD LUCK!
Im happy 4 ur good news, n sorry about ur miscarriage. I found out I was pregnant n July 27 but later found out i had a blighted ovum. I had the sac but no baby inside. I was so  devasted I was really looking forward to this baby, it had been 13 yrs since my last baby. I have been bleeding since a week after i found out, so roughly about 3-4 wks already. Im anxious to get pregnant again. So my question to u is how long were u bleeding? Did u have ur period after or suddenly stop bleeding then find out ur pregnant? Please excuse my forwardness, but did u have sex bleeding or did u wait for the bleeding to stop? My boyfriend wanted to have sex and didnt care if I was on my period, im just anxious to get pregnant again!
Thanks for your comments/well wishes and I'm sorry about your previous m/c as well.  I wish you the best of luck with this one!  It's funny, today is the first day I've been back on this and it just so happens you're finding out your due date today!  Your comment about having a m/c right after hearing the baby's heartbeat is interesting b/c my doctor told me that when you hear a heart beat it's usually a sign that the pregnancy will be fine.  I guess you never know.  I actually switched Drs since my last m/c and the new one said she has people come in for a blood test as soon as they test positive at home, and then come back in 48 hours to do another blood test.  It's a good/positive sign if your hcg levels are rising.  I wish I had done that with the first one before getting all excited, as she said that I likely started miscarrying very early.  We'll try again in a few months--praying the next one will go well.  Take care and let us know how you're doing.
I lost my son at 16 weeks on july 6, 2009. It was something that just happend, their was no medical reason found.  My period just came on 8/23/09 and is going off today the 25th. The night before my period came on we had un-protected sex. He pulled out but some was left behind. Is their a possibility that I might get pregnant. We want to be parents, my husband and I, but I believe it is a little to soon. I'm still mourning the lost of our son. If I am, I most definitely will love my second child. But I will be afraid the whole pregnancy that I might loose him or her.
I miscarried on July 31st and should have started a period yesterday Aug, 26 if I am regular, I have always been.... But I have not and this last week I am exhusted always. I don't have any other signs pregnancy but was wondering if I might be pregnant again? and would it be too soon. I miscarried early only about 6 weeks along.....
I had a blighted ovum with my fourth pregnancy. I was 8 weeks when we found out. I decided to take cytotec and miscarry at home instead of a D&C. I took the medicine on around Oct 18 2009. I bled and clotted heavily for 2 days, then bled like a normal period for the rest of the week. Me and the hubby have been trying for the last 4 or 5 weeks to conceive again. I did not bleed since the miscarraige (miscarriage) until 2 days ago. I have had very light spotting on and off for a day or two, then nothing else. No cramps. I am feeling very dizzy, tired, hungry, ornery. Not quite sure what to think. Hopeing it is possible we are pregnant again. Anyone been through something similar?
Hello Everyone,

I had a miscarriage some time in August 2009, and I didn't have my period until September 24 (about 7-8wks after m/c), then my next period 33 days later on Oct 27, then third period on Nov 21 (25 days later). I am freaking out becuase my period was regular before that every 28 days and my husband and I are TTC again. However, I am worried because my period is so irregular. Are my chances of getting pregnant minimal now. Please advise!
I just think things have to get back on track, you will be ok
hiya every1
i had a miscarriage  weeks ago but i am still getting no signs of a period, but im getting sore nippels and i keep feeling sick. im so scaired incause im pregnant again. i can't even take a test just incause im pregnant again. some1 plz help me
Hello all, I'm 21, married 2 years with no children. It's been 4 weeks since my last miscarriage (chemical at 5 weeks) I have had 2 miscarriages, the 1st was a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks (d&c) which really was hard because I saw the heartbeat twice. After the 1st i had my period right on time, I waited 2 months to ttc (per docs orders) and got pregnant again and that's when I had the chemical, after the chemical dh and i decided not to wait and to ttc right away and now no period and negative hpts. I called my doc's office and she said to wait a week and re-test and if it's pos. then make an app. Immediatley, but if it's neg. just try to wait out my period. Does anyone know about how long after a chemical you get a period? I must not have ovulated yet since I haven't had a period yet, we are still ttc just in case. Any possibility I am pregnant? I had some symptoms that started about 3 weeks after chemical and lasted until this week, but they have been gone for a few days now, anyone ever had that happen after a miscarriage? Just want some answere's, good luck to all of you.

I am in the same boat- chemical pregnancy on 2/3 and due on 3/3 if I am normal.  I am having tons of cramping but no period or spotting and a BFN on the test.  Anything new with you?
I miscarried Oct 16 & bled irregularly until the 1st of January. My mense seems to have taken some normalcy to it since then.  Today is the first day of my cycle & I took a vitex & pre-natal.  Friends have told me the vitex will help keep my cycle normal while TTC. Any suggestions?
Hi! My name is Rebecca and I am in the same situation.  I had a miscarriage back in April, two days before easter actually.  It was really hard for my husband and I. We didn't know we were pregnant and found out the same day that we were miscarrying.  We were 6 weeks along.  I bled for probably about 6-7 days.  Everything that I have read said that your period should be about 4-6 weeks after your miscarriage.  So I should have started my period this week.  I have not and I am having some of the same signs that I did before.  I actually felt stupid after learning of my miscarriage because I had the signs in front of me and never tested to see.  I have had a late period once beffore and got excited just to be shot down, So I guess maybe that played a factor in me wanting to wait a little bit to see.  

As I said I am having some of the same signs that I did before the complications that presented before I found out I was m/cing.  Before I had weird feelings in my stomach and I could nto explain it.  It didn't hurt was just a weird feeling.  I was getting nauseous in the mornings and sometimes in the afternoons.  I was having cravings and my breasts hurt alot.  There were some other issues too.  At times foreplay hurt me.  I just thought that it was caused by my period not being there for almost two months.  Thought that it was related to that.  Maybe I should have known better huh?  

Now, I am getting the nausea again.  I have the tender breasts.  I have not really noticed cravings per say but I am seeing foods and they are sounding good.  I am talking about foods that I have not had in a while, which I know that it could just be because it "sounds good" but I am not sure.

My doctor did a pap and pelvic on 5/13 and a urine test in her office that came back negative.  But I still have not started my period and I at times have some pains in that general region like I was going to start my period but I have not.  

Can anyone help me with this?  I am not sure what to do.  I have thought about just taking another urine test but am not sure what to do.  I had also thought about calling my doctor on Monday and asking her what she thinks that I should do.  But monday is still three days off.  Any ideas for a quick thought?

I am soooo sorry to everyone.  As someone who has gone through it, I know how much it hurts.  my husband and I really wanted a child of our own.  He has a son already but we wanted one together to be ours.  don't get me wrong I love his son to pieces but its still not the same if you know what I mean!
I am glad to hear I am not the only one that has gone through this. I was 16 weeks along when I started spotting. After going to the doctors on 4/30/10 I found out that I had a missed miscarriage. The baby only measured 13w6days. I was so devasted. That night they induced me since I was that far along. It was hard, but I'm glad I got to see him. I see how websites say it can take 4 weeks to months for your first period. Its been three weeks for me and I think I am feeling some of the pregnancy symptons I felt before. I sometimes think it is in my head though. I wanna take a pregnancy test, but am scared of the results. If I take one now will it still show the HCG level high from the abortion?
My thoughts go out to everyone that has gone through this it is tough.
I had a missed miscariage back in March(15) for about 5-7 days i bleed, I was 11 wks 4 days (really excited to finish my first trimester).When i got the sono's and my HCG levels checked i was told the baby was only 8 wks 4 days. My Hcg levels had also started droping fast, I could feel i wasnt pregnant anymore. We wanted to start ttc again, so after I had my menstral cycle April 23 we started. I went to get my Annual May 17 they did a HCG check to make sure my levels were dropped from my m.m.. I figured if i wasnt pregnant i would start on May 23 or 24 but no.  I went again on May 28 to check my HCG levels again since i hadnt started yet, they had informed me that the test from the 17th were (-) . I then started my menstral on the 31, 6- 7 days after i thought i was going to start. :( know  It's july 6 and i havent't had my menstral cycle yet. We have been ttc, so well see i dont want to get  our hopes up. My husband is leaving to start BT in the Army on August 16.  
me and my husband for 3yrs have been trying conceive for more than 2yrs after getting married. we did the whole fertility test and he also seen the urologist. when we gave up trying after all the tests was when we finally got pregnant around march 19,2010 and we found out from a home preg test on april 11,2010 that we are pregnant. obgyn confirmed it with my first sono that i was 5weeks and about 3days. 3 sonograms after and the following sonogram we were suppose to be able to hear babys heartbeat by then but we had a miscarriage on may 7,2010 at about 7weeks. it was really tough going through it. d&c the same day and i bled for about a weeks the heaviest for the first 3days and flow seemed like a regular period afterwards towards that same week. on june 9,2010 i thought i was having my period but it only lasted about 2days and it was really light.up until now i still dont have my period even tho i've been noticing my lower abdomen is tender like before but not much breast tenderness yet like the first time, so i'm waiting until end of august to take a home pregnancy test so i wont get my hopes up too quickly because we really want a baby of our own and experience the whole pregancy and delivery. we hope the next time we are pregnant again it will work out better. goodluck to all the moms here who are trying to be pregnant we all know the ordeal of miscarrying but lets not give up even if it is difficult to cope.
After the D & C on 14th of july, no period yet and my breast was extracting milk. (my guy confirmed it). Am i still pregnant?
Awful miscarrage (miscarriage) at nearly 5 mos gestation, due to blotched amniocentesis 48 hours prior.  Had to give birth at Labor/Delivery ward.  Saddest experience of my life.  Still bleeding 20 days after -hard to "move on" until this ends.  Then the genetic counselor asks if I want to know the test results... the torture is neverending.  Of course it was perfect & I killed my baby by agreeing to the amnio.  Such a fool I was, and will never live down.
Found out I was pregnant Aug09 miscarried in October. Ultrasound revealed pregnancy was not progressing.  Had a D&C Thanksgiving weekend.  Began TTC in Dec. and was surprised that I was pregnant again so quickly. Jan 12th I began having terrible cramps and the hospital informed me it was an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy. I had to have surgery to remove and was kept overnight. I was put in a room with 2 mother's and their newborn babies.  That was complete torture.  We took a break from TTC as we were getting ready for our wedding in July that we had been planning since June09.  We began trying again in May 2010, by August I felt I needed a mental break from pregnancy attempting and coping with losses.  My husband and I avoided "typical ovulation days".  The end of Aug my period was 4 - 8 days late.  (my period has always been a regular 28 days cycle until we began trying in Apr. 09 it now fluctuates from 24 - 28 days).  I misscarried again on Labour day weekend.  My pregnancy was confirmed by HCG blood tests.  I have not gotten my period yet and it is going on 8 weeks. I am terrified of more bad luck but the Dr.'s still classify me as fertile and normal and encourage us to keep trying naturally.  
I had a miscarriage on 12/9 just a couple of days ago. My husband and I were so excited but we will not give up. We are determined to conceive. I know that there was nothing we could have done to save her, I say her because that's what I wanted. We too heard the heartbeat and it was the most amazing sound.
hi i miscarried when i was very early its been 5 weeks and i still haven't had my period im freaking out  HELP GUYS
I had a m/c on dec. 4. I bleed for three days and stopped completely. I haven't started my period yet
I had a miscarriage on November 10, 2010. I only had light bleeding for 3 days. Miscarriage was confirmed by repeat quantitative hcg tests. I haven't had my period yet and am starting to get symptoms of pregnancy again. I am scared to death to test again, fearing that I'll get a positive result and then lose it again. But the longer I go without my period makes me wonder. I am trying not to get my hopes up but really want to have a baby. Will probably wait until after Christmas to test so that I'm not upset for the holiday festivities with family.
So I was wondering if you can have a miscarriage and not start bleeding right away.. because I took one prego test and it was completely positive and yesterday at work I had some metal pans fall on my stomache so when I got home I took another one and it was a faint line instead of a full colored one then I took another one and it was even more faint.. does that mean I've had a miscarriage? But I haven't bled yet either
it's comforting to see we're not alone in some situations. had a miscarriage 12/15/2010 with a d&c due to excess bleeding as the Dr. told me & asked us to wait for a couple of months before trying. we told ourselves we can wait 4 3-4months b4 trying but i'll like to know how long u have to wait for the period to start after the miscarriage? a miscarriage is difficult to deal with, what helped us go through it is that we put our trust in God, we prayed & asked God to help us accept it as His will & prepare us for another chance. so i invite u to try to pray & no matter how difficult it may be, thank God for He knows best why He makes us go through certain situations. God is the real comforter, in Him we founf confort & are able to move forward 'cuz this was our second loss. i know what most of u are going through but pray 'cuz God alone sees our hearts & know our pain. peace
my question remain, whaen does your period starts after a miscarriage???
I had a miscarrage (miscarriage) back in nov 09 and got my period one month after but haven't gotten it since! I went to the DR she gave me pills to get a period again but only got it for 2 months and it stopped. I want to try something natural..what can I do??
I had a m/c last weekend its been 13 yrs since my last pregnancy and I feel so lost, I can only imagine how you all must feel, losing family without names or faces has been the biggest challenge I have ever had to face.
I'm scared and feel alone in this, yet I have the most wonderful family.
My body looks pregnant but is empty.
was wondering if anyone knows how long hcg levels stay in you blood after m/c many thanks x
I miscarried last aug at 11 weeks though the baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks. I continued to test positive for pregnany for 8 weeks after miscarriage and didnt get my period till i stopped testing positive. Fell pregnant again in January to lose it at 6 weeks again. Im similar to u too my youngest is 8 so been a few years for me too between pregnanies. I also have 2 older 1's aged 20 and 18. these r my first miscarriage and didnt realise how devastating they r x
I had my d&c on the 28th of Jan. and it had been 10 weeks and i still haven't had my periods. the Doctor gave me some meds. to get me to start and it hasn't helped yet. we have been doing good with the loss of the baby. but not starting has been harder on us then anything. has anyone gone longer then 10 weeks without a period? i was about 9-10 week preg. when we  found out the we had lost the baby. Good luck to all that are going throw bad times.
Hi, I had 3 m/c in 1 year. The first one I was 13w pregnant, second I was 19w and third one I was 7w. I am devasteted and after 8w after last d&C no periods. I have all the symptoms and yesterday a light spot but nothing more than that. I took already 2 pregnancy tests but are negative. It's like I have a very bad PMS... Anyone the same symptoms?  Tomorrow I call the doc and I will have to go and see him. Good luck to everyone.
I too had a mc on January 30th. I just got my period last Wednesday. Prior to that I had spotting (brownish) and clots for close to ten weeks. I made a doctors appointment and sure enough a day later my period arrived. (My appointment is tomorrow, 6 days after AF started)  I was beginning to think there was something wrong with me, since it was taking so long, but I realize now that for some of us it takes longer to get our cycle back on track. I would take the pills your doctor prescribed, and just know you are not alone- your AF will arrive soon and you'll be able to try again!

Best of luck to you!
Hi, I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism Aug '10 after a chemical pregnancy "m/c", started treatment and was given go ahead by specialist to start TTC again early Dec '10. Fell pregnant immediately end of Dec '10. Everything went very well, we were so excited, made so many plans and couldn't wait to tell the world! 2 days before my first antenatal visit (Feb '11 @ what was meant to be 11 wks) I started spotting (no cramps) but took this to be ok as everything I've read till then indicated that can be normal too. I became more worried tho as the appointment grew closer and asked for a scan first and foremost as if m/c then no point going through with rest of antenatal appointment. The scan episode was a horrible experience! The doctor was very dismissive of earlier chemical pregnancy (which was very real to me!). He did the ultra sound then and just kept saying there's nothing there, it's too low etc. He then did an internal scan and same again. Questioned me if I have my last period start date correct because what he seeing is not what 11 wks should be, any case there no heart beat and so forth. I was devastated and couldn't speak through the tears. Doc explained to my fiance that it appears pregnancy took off but failed to develop and I must come in for d/c 2 days later. That was it!!! 2 days later when I've calmed down and started asking for information prior to the d/c re: could they tell what happened, when did the baby stop developing etc. no one could or would give me answers! I was just told that should anything "strange" come up at the lab (where they sent the extracted pregnancy product) then I'll be notified... So here I am 6 weeks later, no period, still wondering over what went wrong and feeling jealous of other people falling pregnant... It is in a strange way comforting to read I am not the only one and it's ok to feel the way I do.
I had a what they call "missed abortion" aka miscarriage at 8-9 weeks. I had a d&c last Monday. I barely spotted and felt fine that day and the next, then I started to feel pressure in my lower abdomen instead of the cramps that I was told I would get. About an hour ago I noticed that I started bleeding. I questioned yesterday if I was close to my period due to the fact that I get very emotional (like most females) around that time and the slightest little thing last night was making me cry. The blood was very red, but no cramps at all. I have in the past had periods without cramps. Is one week after a d&c too soon to have a first period? My boyfriend and I really want to try again as soon as possible because we were told I will be extremely fertile following the d&c. Is it possible that my body could be clear of the previous pregnancy hormone within one week of a d&c after being 8-9 weeks pregnant? I am trying to stay as positive as possible and I know a healthy pregnancy would totally bring me out of my funk since this was my very first pregnancy.
I had d&c Feb 17 and today is April 22 and still haven't had period! We have used protection so I am little concerned should I call doctor?
Hi, I am so sorry for your loss... I do think you need to go see your doctor, there are complications that can occur that can effect fertitity in the future..... I only say this because my d/c was 5 weeks ago and I have not started my period yet and have researched when it should come and why it maybe taking so long... it is worth getting it looked at.
I have two beautiful kiddos at home... I have had one m/c at 6 weeks in between my two kids about three years ago. I had that one naturaully, it lasted a few days, and I had my period the next month.
My husband and I decided to try again last fall... 4 months later I saw the double lines on the stick!!! my pregnancies are high risk, which mean I get many ultrasounds and dr apts (I have a blood clotting disorder and RA, both complicate issues). At 13 weeks I went in for my forth ultrasound... I was excited!!! I had heard my baby's heartbeat a few days prior and was excited to hear it agian. But there was no heartbeat, my baby girl was still, and had passed away. I broke down and could not stop crying!!! I had my d/c 4 days later. I wish I could have held her and said good bye. We named her Two - our 3 year old son called the baby that when she was in my belly, so that is what we named her. My best friend is now 13 weeks pregnant - we were going to be prego together... I am so happy for them, but the watching her belly grow, while mine remains empty is so painful!! I am so eager to get pregnant agian, I wish my period would just hurry up already. I will call the dr next week if it does not come. I know they say wait... but it is easier said then done!!! Every day is hard... even when we put on our happy faces we still have an image of what our belly's should be looking like.... good luck!!!
hi all
i have had a natural misacarriage, passed the tissue on april 3.bled for a week.stopped bleeding on the 11th.waiting for my period.however on May 7 i had some brown spotting on and off for a week.wondering if this was my period o something else.i have taken pg test was neg so know that my levels r down.i am going to the loo more often.dont knw if i tested early o wat.

please help as i want to be pregnant again for my 3 yr old son.it was my 1st miscarriage
this forum has helped me alot.knowing that i am not alone going through this.

baby dust to all
Hi, my hubby and I have been trying for about 4 years to get pregnant. We had no luck and I finally accepted the fact that it was probably not meant to be. Just as soon as I came to peace with that realization,  I started to have pregnancy symptoms and decided to test. We were pregnant!!!!  We were overjoyed and very proud. Unfortunately, I miscarried at 10 weeks and can honestly say I've never felt such loss and grief. I only bled for about an hour during the miscarriage.  It has been 5 weeks since the miscarriage and I now experience completely different pregnancy symptoms than I did before the miscarriage. My period has not shown up yet (5 weeks after miscarriage).  I'm afraid to hope for the best or even to tell anyone about these new symptoms because I wonder if my mind is playing tricks on me. I have taken two tests which have been positive but I am aware of the residual HCG that may be present. It would be my heart's greatest joy to be pregnant again however I am afraid to face the dissappointment of another loss.  Am I crazy?????
I miscarried this past june 2nd for the second time in 2 yrs. I sometimes feel like there is something wrong with me, but then again, the doctors say everything is ok and its just bad luck. I'm sorry for your loss as well.
Need help. My period is a week late and my breast are really tender and i have an  unusual craving for hot sauce. Because of all this i decided to take a home pregnancy test and it came back positive. I am 38 and have been with my husband 16 years and we have never been pregnant. I was in shock so I took another test and that one was positive as well. I decided I would make an appointment with my doctor this week but before I could get home fro me work I started spotting and cramping. I went to urgent care and they ran a test and told me that I was not pregnant but they would do a blood test just to be sure.  This all happen on Monday, on Tuesday the doctor called and said that he couldn't tell me for sure weather I was pregnant or not. The hormone hcg is present in blood but it is low so they want me to come back on Friday and do another blood test. I never thought I would hear a doctor tell me that he wasn't sure if I was pregnant or not. That just sounds crazy to me. There was a little spotting yesterday and I just started cramping someone more this evening. I took another home test and it said negative this time. I am not sure if I had a miscarriage or not my breast are still pretty tender. Has this ever happen to anyone else. I don't know what to think.  
well i found out i was pergant on  june 16 an secduled an appt for june 30 i started sppoting on june 27 an went to the er n the doc told me i was having a miscarrage (miscarriage) when i went to the doc on june 30 all she told me is that i had a miscarriage n gave me sum antobitcs to take for 7 days no d&c or nuthing to just wait 3 months n give my body time to heal but why wait 3 months when i didnt have to have a d&c or nuthing the doctor said i wasnt even that far along that i was already having it i still havent had my first period
My period was supposed to be here on My 24th 2011.. Never came.. I finally took a HPT it was positive On June 29th I started having horrible sharp pains on my lower right abdomen.. I went to bed it eased off after a few minutes.. I wrote it off as nothing.. the next day around the same time.. it started again.. Usually when Im fixing to have to go pee.. Going to the bathroom intensified the pain.. it was excruciating.. I'd go back to bed after a while it would stop.. the pain progressed each day and lasted longer and longer before it would ease off..by the 4th day I could not take it anymore..constant pain for about 4 hours.. {lying down} I called my husband home from work.. we went to the ER..July 2nd. they kept focusing on my apendix I had lost my appetite for about a week.. they did ultrasonunds.. found nothing.. My hcg levels in my blood were only at 675 I was almost 6 weeks pregnant..Needless to say nothing was showing up on the baby either... well going by my LMP. So technically the baby was 4 weeks. So My hcg levels were fine.. The pain stopped  with the exception of a sharp pain in the same place from time to time.. before I went to bed on July 6th I was spotting a little.. I said well that could be normal.. I wasn't hurting ..I was feeling fine.. The next morning I got up to go pee.. and massive amounts of blood, clots and other tissue was everywhere.. I knew I was losing the baby..{Losing a baby... is by far the worse thing I have ever went through in my life...}   I wasn't hurting at all.. I went back to use the bathroom again a little while later.. I actually saw the teenie tiny little being. that was my baby... and what was to be the cord they were attached to each other thats how I knew what it was when I saw it..I finally stopped bleeding today..July 12th.  I still have the sharp pains from time to time..I am just wondering does anyone have any idea what this may be? I really hate going to the dr. I am thinking if the bleeding has stopped all will be fine.. I think we are going to try again after next cycle.. Keep in mind I am now 40 years old my clock is ticking away quickly... Any suggestions..
I've have just recently gone through two miscarriages in a row. My first was at 9weeks and my second was 6weeks. I never had a period in between the pregnancies, when I first concieved I found out I was pregnant in March and MC right after I found out I was pregnant. After that I became pregnant right away and MC once again.. Now, I am wondering if I am pregnant again ? I spotted lightly for 3 days around the time of my period and nothing since. I feel sick to my stomach at times, but I don't know if its a symptom due to pregnacy or just my mind playing tricks with me. Im worried to go through another loss like this for the third time straight! Im not taking any pre-cautions to prevent another pregnancy either.. What to do ..what to do
Did you talk to your doctor about possible causes of your miscarriages?  Sometimes polyps/cysts or even our progesterone levels can have an impact on pregnancy.  If you are pregnant, you might be able to reach out to your doctor to see what you can do to perhaps prevent miscarrying again.  When was your last menstrual cycle?
I found out I was pregnant on 4/18.  It was a complete surprise!!  My youngest child is almost 8 and we were not trying to have another.  The pregnancy was confirmed on 4/27 and I had an ultrasound on 5/3.  Everything was great.  I went to the doctor for my 16 week appontment and the doctor could not find a heartbeat.  This was devastating even though we were not planning another baby.  I was induced on 5/27 and had to have a d&c as well.  We have decided that we do want to try again for a third.  I am axiously waiting for my period to return.  I know it has only been 3 weeks but how long does it usually take?  My ob recommended waiting 2 months to try again.  I do not think I can wait that long!!
Cathymom, we have a group that specializes in Trying to Conceive after a loss, you might want to also join and make a post there:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Baby-Dust-Buddies---TTC-and-Pregnancy-after-a-Loss/show/470

We had our miscarriage in October and then I had 3 complete cycles after that and then we got pregnant.  Doctors usually suggest 2-3 cycles before trying again but I know there are other cases out there where people do not wait.

Either way you still want to get your body recovered from the miscarriage.  You can start by taking a prenatal vitamin and making sure you are eating properly.  There are a lot of foods/drinks that might impact our fertility.  So it's good to look into this as well.  Good luck and keep us posted!
I had a m/c on the first of june 2011 I bleed for 5 days and didnt need a D/C. It was my first pregnancy and we were very disappointed that it ended in a m/c.

My question is how soon should you get your periods? My m/c was 7 1/2 weeks ago but I still havent got my periods, and I took a home pregnancy test which was negative. Im starting to get impatient as we want to try again!
Every woman is different so their cycles return at different times.  I would suggest to wait until you get at least 2 or 3 cycles before trying again just so you have a better chance of your body being back to regular schedule.  Keep us posted.
Hi Sally , sorry to hear your news, i'm in the same dilema! we m/c on 8th july (first pregnancy).
i was 6 weeks (and 2 days) started bleeding fri 8th and stopped about 5 to 6 days after. have really tender breasts @the mo but nothing else, feel like my peiod is about to start ish! but that's how how felt when i found out i was pregnant... hard not to get my hopes up!!! don't know what to believe 4 to 6 weeks ater m/c or 2 to 4 weeks (expected period).......we really want to try again (and have been , doc says it's ok)
let me know how you get on.
I don't know if this will help at all or not or just provide feedback, but after our miscarriage we had waited about 3 cycles.  We continued to try and there was really no stress about it, but I was glad that I had the 3 cycles just to mentally regenerate myself after the miscarriage.  I think it helped a lot.
i had a mis/c  4 weeks ago i was about 4 mhonts pregnant my baby stoped when he was 6 weeks .i have no sine of periods .my period was regular always on the 26 th of the month 4 days before we had proper intercourse ...im geting apetites again im scared of doing a test .would i be pregnant again when supost is first period to come .love from malta xxx
I didnt no I was pregnant when I miscarried I had just found out 2 weeks before  I had already lost my baby when they told me I was pregnant I miscarried the same day I was coming on I thought It was a period it was a normal period to me. The next month I was bleeding clots not a lot of bleeding just clots is that ok
@ shakira_malta, if your cycles were normal and now you have a missed period you certainly should do a test to find out keep us posted :D

@ Mzkisses did you go to a doctor to get checked on?  You can experience some clots after a miscarriage but if you are seeing this again after your first cycle you may want to go get checked to make sure there are not any more remnants inside.  Your body will keep trying to clean itself out until the process is complete.
I had a miscarriage at the beginning of Aug. i started my period sept. 1 by the end of the 5th day it had stopped and then on the 7th i started having a brownish discharge and it is the 13th now is this normal?
I had a MC on the 9th of august an still have not had a period i am gettin period pain an sore breast but no bleeding is it possible i could be pregnant?
If you think there is a chance of being pregnant I would take a pregnancy test at home.  But keep in mind your levels still may be carrying some of the pregnancy hormone from the miscarriage.  DId you go to a doctor to see if your levels went back down?
sorry about your m/c. I too miscarried on July 1st at the beginning of my 7th week. My next period showed up on Aug.15.2011, 45 days after when I am usually a 28 days cycle person. So I thought I was pregnant, because i was experiencing tiredness, dizziness and nausea. But it turned out my harmones were unbalanced creating those symptoms. I just started my second period just 2 days ago. another 43 days cycle. I was so dissappointed because again I was experiencing similar symptons again. I want to be pregnant again. Who has comforting yet encouraging news for me?
Don't give up that's the first thing I can say.  We miscarried last year on October 12th, and then this morning at 1AM I just gave birth.  Miracles do happen indeed, please keep us posted:)
i just had a d&c in nov after a miscarriage..they think. they are not sure what happened. this is my second one. i had one in oct 2007 and now this one. i knew kinda from the 1st u/s that this was not goin to work. by the 2nd u/s they told us the baby had no heart beat and had grown 2 weeks bigger then should be. so they did a d&c. we are now 6 weeks out. had some spotting and light bleeding for about 2 weeks and then 2 days of heavy and crampin and now nothing. we have the clear to try again but are scared and since no period has started dont know what to think
this happened to me i had taken a hpt the last week in november found out i was expecting and on dec 5 started bleeding, hcg levels came back very low, had to wait three days and go back in when i went back in hcg levels were non exsistant.. keep your head up everything will be fine! i had actually had a mc several weeks before and didnt know it, my body got rid of it naturally and just found out im pregnant again :) so anythings possible
I had a miscarriage in October.  Didn't get my period in November and had my period for only a day and a half in December and January.  Is this normal?  I got my period around the time I was supposed to but they only lasted a day and a half.  Should I consult my doctor?  We want to start trying soon.
I went for my 12 week u/s  on 29th november and was told there was no heat beat. I passed my baby naturally 1 wk later (it was horrible!! esp going through labour and getting nothing!) I didnt get a d&c, instead i had to take a tab to help the remaining matter pass..I still am yet to get my period. For the past 2 weeks ive had very sore breasts, cramping/tightness, etc etc. Feel like the same symtoms (symptoms) as when i found out i was pregnant except being dizzy. I took a preg test and was neg. I read that it can take 4-6 wks + to get your period. Can someone please tell me when you count this from- ie when you pass the baby or when you stop bleeding? Thanks heaps!
I miscarried in November 13 and it was at around 5 weeks. We were pregnant 3 weeks later! But that pregnancy just ended at 7 weeks. I just got blood tests so we can try again after I get a regular cycle. With each miscarriage I bled about 10 days but the flow would change from day to day. So the last two months has been miscarriage bleeding for me. I wonder when my cycle will show up and I hope it is soon so we can start trying again.
Okay my name is Ashley i had a cp last month and i ovulated again in the beginning of this month and i had sex on the 3rd and the 6th and i usually i start my period the beginning of the months i havent had a period yet what's going on
I had a M/C on the 19/12/11 i was 14 weeks after bleeding for nearly two weeks was in and out of hospital and even an ultrasound 25mins before my m/c actually happened in hospital i saw my babys hearbeat!!! I had a D&C four days later and am spotting on and off since then, now i have a clear bloody sticky discharge coming out and having cramps and pains in my stomach and lower abdomen and im worried... i havent got my period yet either! I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? I want to be back to "normal" HELP :(
I had a mc on 12.19.2011 :( went back to my obgyn for the last few weeks, just one day each week, to make sure my hcg levels were dropping. Last week (1.6.2012) was my last visit and my hcg levels were zero. My husband and I have been TTC right away but I after intercourse today, I began spotting brown. Does this mean my period is about to start. This Monday 1.16.2012 will be 4 weeks since my mc. I was really hoping to be pregnant!
I forgot to say that I was 7 weeks pregnant at the time and I had a natural miscarriage. No D&C.
I im going thorugh the samething. Im so scared, I wanted the baby that we lost and now what if I am and it happends again. I already feel like a don't wanna do anything nore less get up. But I do have two more kids and they help but not alot. Please want happend to you? HELP
I found out at 10 weeks that i had a blighted ovum, was really gutted as it was christmas day & i wanted to be at home with my son, i bleed really heavy with blood clots the size of my palm. they removed the sac & placenta without me going to surgery for a d & c, iam due to start a perod on Sunday, but i started yesterday but its only a small amount, like brown spotting in my pad there's noting when i wipe & nothing in the toilet, is this normal?
Thanks Rebecca
Sorry ladies for your loss :(
have you had your period yet? cos the same thing is happening to me? i had a miscarriage on 25/12/2011, i am due to start on sunday, but i started spotting yesterday its brown colour & it only a small amount on my pad, its not there when i wipe. i really dont know what to think
sorry to hear of your loss
Rebecca
me to,,im the same my last period was 5th December, i found out i was pregnant on 5th of Jan 5 weeks gone, to then start with a bit of brown blood and a few cramps on 9th Jan. Then there was nothing the next day, i started spotting again on Saturday but no period. I want to start trying again, but dont know when i can and when my period is due. Technically its only been two weeks since the mc. I dont know if i can try now or wait until period. People on here have got pregnant straight away with no period.

Anyone any suggestions ?
It has been 1 month since i had a miscarriage and my breasts are feeling tender and full, could i be pregnant that soon after?
I did end up starting my period on the 15th, not even 4 weeks after my mc.  My first 2 days of my period were VERY heavy. I have never had heavy periods before, and lasted 5 days. I was very sad when I started because I've read so much that people can get pregnant right after a miscarriage without having a period! Iam now back to taking ovulation test in the morning. Hoping and praying everyday that I will get pregnant this time around.
Hi, I just read your post and the EXACT same thing happened to me. I thought I was 11 weeks preg, but on Dec 23rd I had some spotting which turned to bleeding then I "miscarried" on Christmas Day. It turns out it was a blighted ovum. I learned this from an ultra sound at the ER on Dec.24th.
My husband and I have been trying agin this past month and was hoping we conceived. I wasnt sure when to expect a period again, but yesterday I had some small brown spotting. Same today, no blood and nothing on the wipe and nothing in the toilet. So im not sure if this is my period again. I was hoping I could take a preg test this week :( fingers crossed.

Mabels - My doctor suggested I waited one menstrual cycle after my m/c only to help with dating for the pregnany. But physically your body is ready after everything clears out. And technically you ovulate approximately two weeks BEFORE your period. So you can ovulate and get pregnant before your period. (I am hoping this is my case, hoping this spotting stops :(
Hello, i've still not had anything, the brown spotting stopped 2 days after it started but my period hasnt returned yet!! i just want to start my period then me & my boyfriend can try again, I did a test last sunday & it was negative :( plus side to that is I know my hormone levels have returned to pre pregnancy!! i will keep my fingers cross for you :) miscarriage is a awful thing I wouldnt wish it on anyone.
Good luck ladies :) xx
hi i had a miscarriage on 19th dec 2011 (dnc) baby stop growing at 6wks 6days but i shoul of been 10weeks +. i had a 1 day bleed 10 days ago with no craps or pains and 2day i have a brown discharge and feeling sick. my dr told me my 1st period would be longer and quite crampy so i take the 1 day bleed was not my period. im so confused. had dnc 6 wks ago.
truly sorry  4 ur loss xxx
No luck here this time :( The brown spotting that I was experiencing turned to a period. The positive thing to this period is that I will at least have an idea when I am ovulating this month. We will definitaly be trying again this month. Fingers crossed!!!
I have a ton of friends and family that have announced thier pregnancies, and I am happy for them. But deep down I am totally jealous and sad that I am not apart of that group.
I do have a beautiful son already, so I look to him everyday for strength.
Stay strong ladies!! At least your men are happy with the "practice" :)
I began taking ovulation tests 2 weeks after the first day of my first period after mc. Wow that was a mouth full! I'm taking the test because they helped me get pregnant the first time, They say you ovulate 10-14 days after your period. I've been testing for 17 days now and still getting a false ovulation test....? I don't understand because I should have ovulated by now? Has anyone had this happen to them? So discouraged :(
its been 6 weeks since I m/c still no period, but brown/pink spotting that started 2 weeks ago, iam feeling really frustrated because I dont know whats happening, I have took a couple of preg tests n they came back negative, im so desperate to start my period. :(
can anyone help? :(((((
Update: I began feeling the same way that I did when I found out that I was pregnant before, sore breasts, extremely tired and just not "normal". Since two weeks ago my ovulation tests weren't showing I was ovulating, I decided to take two pregnancy test this morning and they both were positive! I'm so excited and scared all at the same time. I'm so scared to have another mc. I go to the Dr. 3/2/12.  God has a plan for each and everyone of us. Keep faith and keep trying! It will happen. Baby dust to you all
Congratulations Dweaver0526!!!
That is fantastic news, although I am naturally jealous LOL I am also excited to hear this from you. Hoooray, what is your due date?
Can I ask you a question? When you and your man were trying did you have sex everyday or every other day? Did you try throughout the entire month or did you try specifically during your possible ovulation time?
Once again, Congrats! I am hoping I will be able to share such good news next month :) LilFish2012
Thank you so much! Its a crazy mix of emotions going from scared to happy! Im due October 20th, so I'm just over 4 weeks. The first day that I stopped bleeding after my first period, we started and did it every other day for 2 and a half weeks. A lot of people said to just keep doing it until you next period is expected. But since I kept getting negative ovulation tests we stopped. Believe me, I never thought it was going to happen for me this fast. I thought I would be one of those that it took months to get pregnant again! I truly believe in the power of prayer. Just keep your faith in God. It will happen! Good luck to you hunnie!
i had a miscarge on jan 29 stop bleeding on  feb 3 havent had a period yet when should i start my peroid
I has a miscarriage at 18 weeks on the 31st Jan 2012. I just started my period on the 1st March 2012.  We had been trying for 2 years and I found out about the digital ovulation tests.  It only took 2 months of trying before I get pregnant.  I know they are expensive but well worth the money.  I can't wait to start using them again and getting pergnant.  I am sure that I am a lot older than most of you ladies.  So keep up the faith it will happen.  Just remember that a miscarriage is natures way of telling us that something is wrong. Good luck to you all!!
I found out i had miscarriage at 15weeks went to my dr visit my baby had no heartbeat so my dr sent me to the hospital to b induced delivered my baby feb.14 I was bleeding with clots for a week an a half then it was pink then it jus stopped for about 4 to 5 days now I'm bleeding bright red like a normal period but it's real light idk if it's my period or still bleeding frm having the baby but i dnt go for my 6week check up til march.26
On Feb. 3,/12 at 20 weeks we had a miscarriage due to a genetic disorder called T18.  I say we because I most certainly haven't gone through this alone my partner is experiencing this right along with me.  However, he isn't going through the body changes I am having to deal with and the empty feeling that goes along with it!  We are in the position that we have to wait for genetic testing to come back before we can try again...also allowing my body time to heal!  I miss him so much...and miss the idea of him daily.  

I know we had no choice in this...the doctor's told us during out ultra sound that our baby boy had less than a 1% chance of living more than a day if he survived the delivery. I am dealing with this by getting up every day and going to work and moving forward but I'm not sure how to look forward to possible getting pregnant again there is such a fear now that I never dreamed of before!  
Im sorry about your lost, i just went threw that as well on March 1st. I started spotting on Valentines Day, yeah go figure and then off an on from then so i went to the emergency room one evening and they did the ultra sound but to only tell me that there was no baby, a failed pregnancy they stated, all i can do is cry, cry, cry cuz im 40 now and i wanted to have at least 1 more considering i just have an 8yr old son now.  My partner and i are still dealing with it but he still wants to try, bless his heart

My problem now is that i havent had my cycle yet but it cramps as if its coming and is very irritating, i know our bodies arent the same but please can someone tell me HOW LONG IS IT GOING TO TAKE??????????
Hiya i had a misscariage at 6 weeks 6 days and bled for 1 week after. When should i have a period?
did you get your period?  after how many weeks?  i am in the same situation.
HI Sorry about your m/c I had a m/c on Dec 17 2011 and then Jan 2012 I had my period and Feb 2012 it was brown spotting and in Mar. it has not come on. I do not know if I am prgnant now or not but I do want to have a baby Help please
Hi Sorry to hear about everyones miscarriages. I had a miscarriage in dec 2011 and had a period in jan 2012 but in feb it was brown spotting and in mar I did not have anything. I do not know if I am pregnant now or not
did u get a chance to do pregnancy test?  else ur period came back?  so sorry for the your misscarriage
I had a miscarriage on March 24 and a dnc on March 29. Then I had what my Dr. called my first period on April 6th. On April 19th I spotted for one day and then on April 27th I spotted for 3 days, but it was so light i didnt even need to wear a pantyliner. My period was due on May 4th and it is not here. I have taken hpt's and they are showing up bfn, so I don't know if it's too early or if there is even a chqnce I'm pregnant. Any advise?
At 11 weeks I started spotting 3/1/12 the next day nothin on 3/3/12 I miscarried. The dr said I passed it all and 2 weeks later I had to have a dnc. I had my 1st period April 21 I bled for one day and nothing for 2 days after Then spotted for 5 day. My normal is 7 days heavy flow So i am stunned and dont know what to think?
I had a mc 5 weeks ago. I blead heavy for a week. After that is been light.. Ive just started bleeding really heavy and clotting is this normal?..x
You obviously had the test because the doctor ordered it. I'm sure it seems like you did something wrong, but remember we don't know all the reasons why.
I just had a miscarriage May 18th 2012, waited for my body to pass our baby, but my body would not let our angel go that easily. I had a d/c July 1st.

I have a small hobby farm and the day b4 I found out that I had miscarried our baby, I used a chemical to worm my goats. I got some of the chemicals on my hand and instead of washing it away, I continued to de~worm the goats and administer their tetanus shots.
I could just as easily tell myself, and I did at first, that it was my fault. But the fact is, something may have been wrong all along.

Don't be too hard on yourself.
Wishing you the best,
PaintPony
Please can anyone help me, I was 5wks pregnant but i miscarry it on June 8th 2012. Today is the 4th weeks after my miscarry but no signs of my period.My breast was little tender and yesterday i saw little watery coming frm my breast.I don't feel any any signs of pregnancy and signs of period, does any body have an idea of what is happening to me.
I had a miscarriage as well at 10 weeks but didn't actually miscarry until week 12 (I miscarried naturally, my decision). It takes 4-6 weeks for your period to arrive, sometimes maybe longer. Don't worry too much, it'll come. If you're having unprotected sex then maybe you should worry, hate to say it. You should wait one normal period cycle before attempting to conceive again. This is so the walls inside and your body will heal. My pregnancy symptoms didn't go away for a long while :( It was torture to keep reminded of the constant heartache I was feeling. The hormones and symptoms go away eventually. It takes time. Keep your head up, God bless.
hi there i can see that it was 2005 and now i'm still hoping for replies. seem like I am having same situation as you coz of today I am having a period 4 weeks after d and c so is it normal?
I had a miscarriage last month but i still haven't had a period I'm not sure if this is normal or what it means ? Help please
I had a miscarriage on August 29 and today is October 28 I have not started my period yet and I have taken pt but they are negative. I usually have regular periods
Hello my name is Shannan I had my tubes untied April 2012 I got preg in July had a mc Aug then got preg Nov had a MC Dec 8, I have two healthy children ages 18 and 14 i am now 25 yrs old my husband don't have any children and we wanted to try but its not look good its now Dec 27 and I still haven't had my period i know its only been a few weeks but i start every 25 days on the dot? has anyone been thru is.
hello frnd my name is sonia i m 24yrs old,i m new to join u all i just wanna shaare my story in october i knew i was pregnent n all was going good it was my first child n me n my husband was vry happy to become parents,then later on 28th i got loosemotions n vomiting both togeather n later on that day it stoped but after days i noticed some spotting n then i rushed to dr.n she told everything is ok but afte five day again i went n she did tests n told that ur baby is vry small then it should b expected after that i was told to do d&c but preffered natuaral misscarriage at home n on 16 nov.12i finaly misscaried n bleed heavy with clots for 10days n then totaly stopped n on 21dec i got my periods n its still going on but yesterday we had a sex with protection but worried that is it harmful or will i get me infectons or will it create any demage to my overy for nxt pragnancy
Viewing 201-303 comments: