Maternal & Child Community
First Response Early vs. Clear Blue Easy Early

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Just wanted to post my experiences to help others.  I took First response Early several times all VERY VERY faint lines.  I waited two days still VERY VERY faint.  I worried and bought Clear Blue Easy Early and got a much better line.  Just my experience that I got a better result with the Clear Blue Easy.  Any other experiences you'd like to share?  What's your favorite brand?
I got the same thing with first response when I found out I was pregnant with my last son. The line was so faint I could barely see it, so I waited a couple days and still faint. We went to the store and got ept and it was dark as can be, very definite. I swore I would never use first response again, but I know it is a very ealry test and I probably would just to see that faint line if I was not that far along and it was very early.
I like clear blue easy better also....But now their tests are more sensitive...
I like First Response the best...guess I'm in the minority here.  I did get a faint line, but to me that's just as positive as a dark line.  However, I tested 10 days post ovulation and got a positive so it works early.
Hmmm which is my favorite?

WHICHEVER ONE TURNS POSITIVE!!!!!!!  haha  momttc
Those definitely are the best kind!
You are a nut
LoL Momttc
When I was pregnant last time, 4 yrs ago, I used the ClearBlue Easy test.  I was still 5 days away from being due for my period, and still got an undisputable positive within seconds.  And if I remember, it was less expensive than most of the others that I was comparing at the time.

Regards,
Shelly
I have used Accu Clear early pg test and I love it.  It is not as expensive as those other tests and I get great resuts.  As a matter of fact I just took one today and it is positive.  I can't wait for a blood test now to confirm everything.  This is 2 months after a miscarriage so I hope all goes well this time.  I guess it is in God's hands.  Thanks
I actually got my good positive off a Target brand test, so you can go with the cheapies and still get good results.
The message board is always full!!!!!

but anyway i kind of need help bad, my last period was September, a week and 3 days after the last day of my period i got a light E.P.T Positive, next day i got another, I wanted to wait a week to check again in case the Tests was faulty since i bought them online, i didn't retest a week after, instead since i was having no Symptoms i wanted to test, well that was when the bleeding started (some of you may have remembered that post, and many of you really helped me) so i wanted to wait and see if it would clear up 2 days after it did, (forgive me if i am getting to graphic) the blood was a black/brown and only lasted 2 days, didn't start light, didn't end light, just stopped all at once, so i thought i was having an ectopic, the day i was going to go to the doctor the bleeding stopped, so i took a cheap pregnancy test and i got a negative, i thought i would go to the doctor just to make sure, he said i was pregnant, i didn't believe him to much so i left it alone, and wanted to wait to see if i got anymore symptoms and if i got another positive, now here it is in January, i felt like i was going to get my period 2 days ago, the little light cramps and so on, anyway it didn't come, i was saving a Clear Blue pregnancy test for when i was sure, so i took it, nothing came up, but 5 minutes i got another faint light plus sign, oh and in late November i got the Clear Blue the new one that says it in words, anyway i took 3 and it said "Not Pregnant" so when i popped the test strips out i noticed another light light blue line, there was 2, since it also said somewhere on the box you can use the test strips alone or with the machine, i just thought nothing of it and tossed it, in early December i was talking to a nurse that was telling me another way to tell if your pregnant is to gently squeeze your nipples (sorry for that word, but what else should i call it?) and if anything comes out that is a way to tell, well i spent 2 days thinking about that and decided to try it, clear watery liquid came out, just less than a drop (which never happened before), and up until now my breasts wasn't getting any bigger (Hubby pointed out that they looked bigger), they are getting slightly bigger, and semi sore, nothing you could really feel by touching like on the soreness, anyway once in a while i feel pain when i sit but i am not moving, it just starts it by theirselfs (this is the first month my milk glands feel a little bigger, i was feeling my breasts a couple of nights ago to see if they was getting sorer like i thought, and i noticed the glands was not double the size but a little bigger and harder), and this sounds really crazy, but since December i have been feeling something like butterflies in my stomach, mostly on the left hand side, like a muscle moving (which never happened before either) but it happens only once or twice a week, i mostly feel it when i lay flat, could i actually be pregnant? and why would everything be so late? it would be better if you would e-mail me at ***@**** because i will get the responses back faster
I just used a wal mart cheap brain a week before my period and got a real dark line lol...but if I test again cus I think I'm pregnant in the next few months my fav test will be the negetive test lol.
If I were you I'd go to the dr for a blood test - I think you may be pregnant and I think you could be fairly far along too!
It sounds to me like a blood test and an u/s to confirm a positive are in order.  If you don't get a positive with blood, there are other reasons why you might have these symptoms, and those reasons should NOT be ignored.  Don't be afraid to ask your doctor for what you want.  Keep us updated and take care!
didn't you get the depo shot? why do u think ue pregnant?
u got ur first positive in sept., that should mean u should be due for ur ultrasound soon. why haven't you got a blood test yet? are you taking your pre-natal vitamins? you should get a ultrasound or blood test.
good luck
chey
hey.. I'm a new user and i have a question..i have been on the birth control pills Alesse for about 3 months now and had taken medication for my wisdom teeth... i was told that the birth control woulldnt be very effective. My boyfriend ejaculated into me about 2.5 weeks into taking the medication...this was in Mid December.... about 3 weeks ago(today being Jan. 21) i had terrible stomach and back pains. my boobs ached and i went pee very frequently.... I definitely thought i was pregnant until i got my period last week. it lasted about 4 days which is normal for me but i had more cramping.  My boobs grew a whole cup size but i am unsure if im pregnant.  Oh and during those symtoms (symptoms) i did take the Clear Blue test (the one with words) it came up "not pregnant".... any suggestions... could i be pregnant?
I really hope that i get some fast responses to my questions.... i have the worst patience imaginable.. sorry  :) Ok this is my problem, i was seeing someone and for the entire past month we had un protected sex.... we just broke up and of course my first thought was, what if im pregnant now..??? yikes.I took a CVS BRAND TEST that said early preg. test, when i got it home and read it i noticed it wasnt really for "early" testing, just said, test as soon as first day of missed period, i was about 4-5 days early but i was so impatient that i took it right away, it showed a very faint positive sing within hte first 3 min. the test says that if there is any pos. line at all even if it is very faint then asume it is a pos. result. The package i bought had 2 tests.... i was going crazy, a few hours later i took the second test just to see... the same faint pos. sing showed.
The next day... yesterday, i bought another test, this time i made sure it was hte real "early" test for up to 5 days pre. mens. the brand was Clearblue easy..... within 2 min the same faint, pos sign appeard..... my only symptoms are extreme tiredness and cramping... i normally do get cramping with the start of my period tho.... i would just give anythignt to really know, i cant sleep.
Thank for any help...!
oh i just took a clear blu easy test the didgital one that say not pregant or pregant.... It said not pregant but then i took the test out and it showed two lines.... one dark blue and the other faint blue.  Are there any one who has had a faint line and not been pregant???? Please respond
I have a question i have taken 6 CBE test and got a faint but very noticable result what do you think if you would like to email me please do @ ***@**** hubby seems to think it is not but i say that iam because iam due to start wed and it can  be used as early as 5 days before your period please send some info...........TIA Kim
Hi everyone ihave taken 6 CBE test and got a faint blue line in all of them......well i got the Rite  Aid brand and cant get anything in them do you think that the CBE is more sensitive than  the off brand HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ACK iam driving myself HPT crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TIA......Kim
HI there I took a first response preg. test on monday with in seconds a faint line appeared....wed i tested twice with the clear bluse easy test the test early one....both negative, still no period though im due to ge my period today and no signs of menstarting, my boobs hurt and i pee alot.....whats up?
I am in the sme boat...and desperately hoping I'm pregnant...I'll know more tomorrow and a definite answer next wek.  How did it turn out for you?
Hi im 17 and me and my boyfriend of three months had unprotected sex, when i was ovulating, since then i have noticed that my boobs have become extremely tender and darkened around the nipple. As well as this i have found that i get tired really quickly, im cramping too, however im not due on my period for another two weeks, and normally my cramps and tenderness starts the week before, im really worried, and dont really know what to do next.
I would really apprieciate some advice or tips, as i dont want to stress out going back to college, just in case i am pregnant.
Amy
I got a positive test result with clear blue easy digital then two days later went to health dept theirs said no.....so i went to the store today and got a First response i had a very very very faint line....whats the deal? Anyone know anything are clear blue easy tests just really super sensitive or can you get two false positves oh also i took the clear blue easy at about 8 am and my app at the health dept was at 2 pm so idk if that makes a difference i took the first response first thing this morning...still very very very faint line.
I used a ridiculously expired Clear Blue ( found in a box in myy closet ) because my mom mentioned my belly looking bloated one night she was over. I thought " how nice of her to come over for dinner & point out my chubby gut". She made a few jokes about more grandkids ( I have a 11yr old ) so that night I came across test & took it to the bathroom thinking if anything I could tease her about it later and within 2mins a BIG DARK + sign! I didn't believe it, waited 2 days & picked up a First Response ( which I'd never used before ) and a faint but obvious line appeared. Confused still ( mean while no period which has always been irregular, bloating at night, peeing seriously every 2hrs which is not reg for me & light cramping a few times ) - my normal signs of pregnancy have first to my breasts, tender nips, sore swollen to touch, hot to touch & change in color. Took another first response & still faint but visible confirmation line that I'm pregnant. I've been reading that hpt obviously need to pick up on hcg or they wouldn't show positive so regardless of expired test it FOUND hcg. My body deff. feels different so I'm just hoping / praying for the best, I deff want this pregnancy - a healthy pregnancy & healthy baby. I will post an update relating accuracy of the tests with a few days because I'm going to comfirm with my ob/gyn tomorrow.
Update: Just confirmed my Pregnancy at ob. And just wanted to say for the record *Every pregnancy is not the same.

Oh by the way: That Clear Blue ( +/- ) was from 2008 and its now 2011 so in my experience EXPIRED Test work lol. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE LADIES!