Maternal & Child Community
First menstrual cycle after d&c
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

First menstrual cycle after d&c

I was just wondering what you should expect for you first menstrual after a D&C. I had a D&C 4weeks ago and just started my period three days ago. My normal periods usally last 7days and are really heavy. But this is my on my 3rd day of my period and its already gone. And it was very light. Could this mean that I am pregnant????
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1128483_tn?1277343886
I doubt that it means your pregnant.  When I had my D&C I didn't really bleed much afterwards (or even before), then a week and half after the D&C I had 7 days of bleeding (like a period but it wasn't).  Then after that I ovulated and my period was exactly like it normally is.  Some say that your period is better after a D&C and others say it's worse.  It really depends on your body.  If you went 4 weeks with no bleeding, I would guess it's your period.  Did you ever know if your hormones went down?  It's possible that if your hormones haven't returned to zero that that 3 days of bleeding was just your body's way of saying it's done.  When I had my 7 days of bleeding I know my levels were down to zero right after that because I ovulated 2-3 days afterwards.
Blank
My hormone levels were never high I don't belive I had a blighted ovum so there wasn't even a baby there. I bleed right after my d&c for a week and then spotted a few days but I've been having sex since I stopped bleeding heavy. When the doctor tested my hormone level a before my d&c he said it was already really low.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...