Maternal & Child Community
First pregnancy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

First pregnancy

I am 5wks pregnant and I went to the hospital to have an u/s done, but the doctor couldn't find anything. I also had blood work done as well but my levels weren't high enough to determine anything. Should I be worried? Are you supposed to see anything this early on in pregnancy.?
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I've seen so many posts like this of women having the same problem. It's absolutely normal & nothing to worry about. :)
Blank
Thank you. Also when should you start to see anything during the pregnancy?
Blank
Scan wise? In the UK they don't really do a scan till you're 12/13 weeks as it's past the 'danger zone' .. Looks wise... I start showing around week 18/19.cut you stop getting morning sickness during the first trimester don't start worrying, I never suffered with morning sickness at all to the point I didn't realise I was pregnant till I was 8 weeks gone and here I am now 3 days over due lol :)
Blank
Ok and I haven't had the morning sickness either, but thanks for the advise
Blank
5wks is too soon to see anything,the baby doesnt develop so big for u/s to detect. My wife didn't have morning sickness until 45 days,and 48 days she did US and only sac be seen. No worrying,some people in here China see fatel pole even 52 days. It is definitely normal and common thing. Everytying will be ok!
Blank
Ok thanks :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979