Fleet Enema
So I am VERY constipated and I just talked to my dr's nurse and she said at this point a fleet enema would be best. I've never done/had one. Can I do it my self or does DH have to do it? Does it really work? Sorry all the questions, I've never gotten to this point. Thanks
I have done may of them!!!! they are not bad at all to use. It'  best if you get on all 4's. arch your back and insert. Put vasoline on it to make it easier. lower our head down to your hands. put the stuff in and wait as long as you can. I mean like 5 min. (if u can). it should have  instructions on it. they are detailed. Good luck! Hope everything comes out ok for ya! lol
Ohh what fun.... I have nothing to do want my help??? (J/K).
I gave myself an enema prior to a colonoscopy years ago and it was quite simple to do. Make sure though that you have nothing on from the waste down. As soon as I finished mine I barely made it the toliet.  There are instructions included that tell you how to position yourself so that you can do it alone. Good luck, I have days of constipation but it always fixes itself eventually but I know how uncomf it is. ;)
Hey, if you're that bored... ; ) Glad to hear other people can do it themselves. DH will do it, but I'm not sure that's high up on his list. : )
I had real bad constipation. My dr never told me anything about taking a fleet enema. Sure wish they had of because I would of done anything to have a nice ****. LOL! Anyway its alot better now. Things are finally moving threw better. Good Luck. You know when your significant one really loves you because they would do anything to help. He's a keeper!
Hopefully I won't need him to. I know he's my husband and everything, but it's kind of embarassing at the same time. We're supposed to have people over tonight. Great.
I've had to do it more than once. Just kneel down, then put your chest on the floor (butt up). Reach behind you, and put it in as far as you can without any pain. Squeeze out as much as you can. There will be about 1/3 of it left. That is normal. Stay like that on the floor as long as you can. Try to shoot for 5 minutes, but I usually only last about 3. You will feel an extreme urge to go. Just get on the toilet fast once you stand up. It's not fun to do the enema, but you'll feel so much better afterward. To keep from getting as backed up again, eat a lot of dried fruit (especially apricots), and drink a lot of water.