Fluctuating Hormones
I was diagnosed with primary ovarian insufficiency when I was 28. I tried to become pregnant through egg donation but my endometrium lining never grew more than 6 mm so the Dr, advised not to proceed with the treatment. When I thought I was never going to be able to conceive we got pregnant on our own. I had my Hcg levels drawn and came back at 236 and progesterone was 23, then 2 days later they were at 534, then 2 days later they were at 1087 and progsterone was 19. That day I had an ultrasound that did not show a sac or anything, my Dr told me that most likely this wouldn't be a viable pregnancy. I was devastated, she ordered more hcg to be drawn to days later and it had dropped to 1049, we thought that was the beginning of an imminent miscarriage. Two days later, I went back for an ultrasound and she saw the gestational sac and a small yolk sac, that day my hcg leles came back up to 1549 and progesterone had dropped to 13.4. I'm sooo confused, I don't know what to think, I'm scheduled to go back for an ultrasound on Wednesday, but I feel that my Dr. is a really negative person. I don't have any bleeding or cramping. I feel really good (physically). This could be my only change to be pregnant and I'm so scared, I don't want to lose my baby. I pray to God for a positive outcome. The Dr said I ovulated from my left ovary because there is the corpus luteum, but she also saw another (small cyst) in my right ovary. Can this be a case of a vanishing twin and that's why my Hcg dropped and then raised again???
Hon, at what point in the pregnancy are you?  It could be a vanished twin, but if so you would usually see both twins' sacs.  Unless you are doing an ultrasound too early to see much of anything.  Do you know how far along you are based on your last period?