Flying during the 27th to the 28th week of pregnancy
I was just wondering my family and I are flying from my hometown baltimore, MD to Disney World in Florida. I think its like a 2 hour flight so its not that long. But my question is..Is it safe to fly during this time? I have type 2 diabetes which is controlled but I guess I'm just nervous. I have 2 more OB appointments before the trip. So I can ask my doctor then but I was just wondering what you ladies thought? Any help I would really appreciate..I'm freaking out here! Thanks
Hi congrats on being pregnant. I recently did heaps of research into this as i was going to be flying around the same time in a prenancy as what you are. Everything i found said it would be fine as long as you haven't had any problems with the pregnancy so far, no complications and you wern't having twins. They recomend you get up every hour and walk around for about 10 mins just to keep your blood flow to the baby good. Oh and drink plenty of water to keep hydrated, this will probably have you getting up more then onec an hour as well.
thanks ladies! You all are such a big help!
I recently flew on to the DR from NovaScotia at 23 and 24 weeks.  No problems.

In addition to what the other poster recommended, I would also check out the airlines website as some of them require a note from your doc saying you are cleared for travel.
My pregnancy nauseau basically disappeared around week 14.  Nonetheless, the two times I flew in my second trimester I threw up.  This probably isn't likely, but it did happen to me.  So, be prepared.