Aa
A
A
Close
Follow up for miscarriage
Hi- as posted earlier, had a miscarriage at 8 weeks, it has been 15 weeks and still no period- although some spotting on Sept. 6th (would have been 8 weeks). I spoke with my doctor about this and he said to call back if I do not get my period in the next three months- that will be 6 mos. from my miscarriage. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to seek medical advice since it looks like my doctor does not think this is an issue, but I feel like something is wrong, OB, fertility dr, family practice? I do live in a rural community so options are limited.
Cancel
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Did you have a natural miscarriage or a D&C? Were your hCG levels checked after the fact to make sure they came down? I would change doctors. There is no reason why you should not be getting your period unless you still have some residual left in there.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
natural miscarriage- they did do an ultrasound and did a blood test that day- but have had no other follow up.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
237300_tn?1231458318
I posted to you in your other post.  Just go see a reproductive endocrinologist...they are much more helpful then OBGYN's.  Also how far along were you?  You may need a D and C.  You could have leftover tissue...
Comment
Cancel
237300_tn?1231458318
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I would request a quantitative hCG level to make sure the numbers are down to where they should be and then take it from there.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
296999_tn?1214113663
because you mentioned you spotted on sept.6th. do you think maybe its posible your pregnant again?
Comment
Cancel
296999_tn?1214113663
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
296999_tn?1214113663
i agree with the above poster you need to have those numbers checked!
Comment
Cancel
296999_tn?1214113663
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Follow up for miscarriage
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources