Maternal & Child Community
Food to eat before glucose test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Food to eat before glucose test

I've seen a few posts in the archives about what foods to eat the days before the fasting glucose test.  My tech said to lay off the white bread-type carbs and fruit just type sugars.  I've seen a lot of talk on here about what to eat and what not to eat.  Some people say eat carbs, eat sugar, eat normally, etc....  What should I eat really?  Today, I've had very few carbs/very few grams of sugar.  My test is THursday am.
I am pregnant with my 2nd child and just did my glucose test on Friday.  I didn't eat any differently the day before.  I think the tech said try to avoid tons of sweets the night before.  I didn't do anything different before when I did the test 3 years ago with my daughter.  In fact, I did the test in the afternoon and ate normal in the morning and passed the test just fine.    I only had to fast one hour before this time, last time it was 4 hours.  In fact, Friday morning I ate a banana bread bar at 6 in the morning which is full of carbs and sugar and then took my test at 10.  I haven't heard anything back yet, so I am assuming the results were normal.

Try to go on a fairly empty stomach though because you have to drink 10 oz in 5 minutes and it makes you so full!  The stuff tasted pretty good though, just like orange pop.

Good luck
Thank you!