Found out the sex...feeling guilty
So about a year ago I made a promise to God that if he made my 2nd child a girl, I wouldn't find out the sex until delivery. We have a beautiful healthy son who is 2 and I'm currently 21 weeks along with my 2nd child. I had my ultrasound today and the tech asked me if I wanted to know the sex....we said no. But when she asked again, clearly knowing the sex we caved and found out we're having a girl. Naturally we're thrilled, but I can't help feel totally guilty for not keeping up my part of the bargain. Am I a horrible person???
you know how many times in my early 20's i was puking in the bathroom from boozing and promised god id never ever do it again? lol. we all have made a promise, dont worry. congrats on the baby girl!!
I'm wondering why you think it would matter to God that you wait until delivery.  Finding out the sex isn't a sin.  I think He is happy that you are having a baby you obviously really want and will love and care for lovingly.  I can't speak for God, but my guess is that He's not keeping score about this!  Enjoy your pregnancy!  And congratulations!!!
First, congrats on your baby girl! And no, I do not think you are a horrible person. And i don't think God is mad at you either, he gave you a baby girl, and is happy that you know.
dont feel guilty, barganing with God did not convince him to give you a girl, that was planned way way before you even were pregnant, congrats on the baby girl, girls are wonderful! so many clothes to choose from! and remember God loves you and would not be mad, he doesnt work that way;)
I am a firm believer that GOD knows what is going to happen before it does.  He knew you would want to have known.  If you were not meant to have a little girl, he would not have given you one.  If you were not meant to known, he would have crossed her legs.  Congradulations on your blessed little girl!
God is a forgiving God..=) you just thank him for the blessing he is giving you.. congratulations
no you shouldnt feel quilty at all-god would just want the baby to be healthy-congrats on the news(:
Thanks everyone! I really feel much more at peace with my decision to find out. Especially in regards to God. I know he is a forgiving God and did not bless me with this baby girl because I made a promise. I know he blessed me because she was meant to be in my life. I know that now and honestly feel so much better. Thank you all!! And may god bless all your TTC'ers, Mommy's and Mommy-to-be's!!
I used to do that my entire life! Make little bargains with God,  until I got older and really serious into my relationship with him that I realize, God doesnt bargain with us. He is perfect, we are not. Most likely he took your prayers and saw your yearning and desire for a girl and blessed you with her, God doesnt care if you said you wouldnt find out, he already knew before he gave her to you that you would find out. Just praise him and thank him that he trusts you to raise one of his children! Congratulations!! She is a blessing to you!! Be excited not guilty!
You never make promises to GOD - NEVER -  We are human and can't always keep them.  God doesn't bargin and we never bargin.  You don't have to do something to get His love.  He loves you no matter what.  Be careful in making bargins with GOD - He doesn't make bargins - He loves you.
I'm with you girl - God don't make no bargins
God is responsible for you baby girl being healthy and secure.  Making a deal with him is not something I believe in or else everyone would be having healthy babies and m/c would not exist.  So Do not worry about not keeping up your end.. He is looking after you and your babies keeping you safe.

Thank your husband for the girl, he determines the sex.  :)
congrats on the baby girl....

As for your bargain with GOD....GOD doesn't do bargains...so it doesn't matter....

HE knows ALL....therefore HE knew you'd find out during the u/s...and still blessed you...HE's a GOOD GOD...I keep telling people that...LOL