Maternal & Child Community
Frequent Urination - 20 weeks
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Frequent Urination - 20 weeks

I am currently going on to my 20th week and i still have to pee ALL the time.  I heard that that was supposed to decrease in the second trimester but i haven't noticed a decrease at all, maybe even an increase.  I get up at least 3 times a night and sometimes up to 5!
Should i be worried about anything?
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
if ur not burning or itching and theres no blood or if u need to pee but when u go nothings come out, if you arent experiencing any of those then i wouldnt worry. Its not uncommon at all to have frequent urinarion in the first trimester then have it go away and return in the second or third. Its the same reason it happens in the first, your uterus is resting on ur bladder also, in the second trimester ur baby swallows alot more amniotic fluid and remember ur peeing for two so theres more pee to release. By my 20th week i was going all thru the nite!!! then it slowed down and now i go 2 or t3 times a night and by morning when i wake up i have to go again, but am now 23 weeks 4 days...
Blank
Great, thanks for your response.....makes me feel a lot better!
Blank
232328_tn?1207093671
lol...ohhh just wait until you are further along. I am 36 weeks along and I am up almost every hour to go pee at night and I am NOT exaggerating at all. hahahaha. I had frequent urination right from the beginning with this pregnancy. Wish I could say it gets better, but it doesn't..Hang in there. :-)
Blank
213739_tn?1215489609
Your little peanut may have made a nice little bed right on your bladder so that could be the problem too!  I'm on my third pregnancy and with all three, I've peed all the time through the whole pregnancy. I think you're totally fine but you could always ask your doc. if you feel something isn't right.
Blank
220217_tn?1209683277
I have to laugh with Waiting - I am up almost every hour and I'm only 26w.  I guess with 2 boys in there, they think it's funny to make mommy get up all through the night.  I can only imagine when I get into the third trimester and even closer to delivery.  Boy, can't wait!!
Blank
194374_tn?1214480294
Oh i dont feel so bad now im 27 weeks and up nearly every hour. It's driving me crazy. Dh cant belive on person can go so often lol. I recon KellyTexas is right they find it amusing to make you have to get up so often. Recon they do it so you have to get up so they can reposition and get comfy.
My ob told me to cut out caffine of any sort after 5pm and limit what you drink after 7pm.
Blank
WOW, I'm only in my 19th week and I'm peeing all time like that too....
But my baby is still sitting nice and low, I think that's where she'll stay
I have managed to stop the mid-night trips with not drinking anything a couple hours before going to be though...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...