Maternal & Child Community
Frozen Embryo Transfer Success?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Frozen Embryo Transfer Success?

Hi there- new to the board. Was wondering what your story was on IVF frozen transfer cycles? My husband and I just had our first FT and will find out in two days whether or not it worked. I can honestly say that I don't feel pregnant so I am little bummed. I feel crampy like I may start my period. I am also on Prometrium so that could be contributing to the cramping that I've been having. Any stories would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Tags: embryo, transfer, maternal, hawaii
Welcome!!!  I had a frozen embryo transfer on Oct. 9th and it worked.  I had 1st u/s 2 weeks ago and RE wasn't sure if there were two babies.  Said my next one would determine how many took.  We transfered 3.  I have my next u/s tomorrow.  I too didn't feel pregnant and went to FL a couple days after my transfer to visit my sister.   Did have some cramping and felt like I might get my period. I too am on Prometrium.  Now, at almost 8 weeks, I have nausea ALL day:( and I am exhausted!! But it is a good sign.  I know that the wait to find out is excruciating but try to relax and know that in 2 days you will get great news!!!!  Lots of sticky baby dust to you and have faith....  Keep us updated....
thank you for your response. i love hearing that.  ok, i feel better now. :)  i guess i was more or less worried because i haven't had any spotting at all. (i thought i'd have some implantation spotting- did you?)

when we did our first fresh transfer, we ended up ipmlanting two. one m/c early, (like 3 days before we were supposed to have the blood test), and the other went on to be an ectopic unfortunately. it was a crazy, scary ordeal that we went thru. now since july, we have started again. i am hoping that everything works out for us. we still have three more blastocytes frozen.
this waiting process is the worst. i am leaving on weds for a philadelphia for business for one night, so i am happy to have my mind off everything. we are then traveling to hawaii this coming weekend for the thanksgiving holiday. whatever happens, it will be nice to be in hawaii. have a happy holiday and thanks for taking the time to respond. best of luck to you!! keep us updated on your progress as well.
i had several frozen transfers

I have ran the gamut of felling pregnant and not

last pregnancy I did not feel pregnant - was shocked when blood test said I was.  still didn't feel pregnant at ultrasound

this time I ahve felt preggo since 8 days after my tranfer.  It is twins and I am nauseaus all the time

but I don't think you know till the HCG comes back

(ps I felt preggo the one time that I misscarried too so you never do know)

best of luck
thanks MGI (twins! how fun! we'd love that...!) and thetallchic
Best of luck to you both and we'll chat again soon.
My first fresh transfer also ended in a m/c very early on. I did not have implantation bleeding this time.  Go about your travels and relax... Hawaii doesn't sound too shabby!!!  I too will be in Hawaii in Feb. and hopefully my nausea will be gone by then!!!  Good luck and I'll be looking for your post in a couple days!!!
Wow, twins!  That's amazing!  How are DS and DD doing?  I bet DS is excited.
hello everyone I had my FT on Dec 10 but i dont feel preg in 2 days i will find out if iam pregnant? ...please wish me luck!!! I will keep you posted bye!!!