Funerals and Infants?
My uncle died wednesday. We (my mom, dominic and i) are only going to the funeral on tuesday.  is it advisable to take a 1 month old? hes not really a crier but you never know what he will do.
bump
I had to take my son to a funeral when he was 4 months old.....we sat at the end of an aisle and he had a moment where he got fussy so we took him and slid out the door in the back until he calmed down and we came back in. No one was judging us, so I would not worry about it. You are there to pay your respects so try not to fret about it!
My son was at my dad`s funeral and pushed his little wooden toy car around on the floor, humming some vrrroom-vroom sounds. I was a little torn whether we should leave the chapel but even years later family and friends say they were so touched how death and new life could be so close together in harmony. It was really okay.
kim first i have to say im sorry for your loss.  my sis took her baby to my grandma's funeral and her 2 yr old.  they were noisy a bit, and unfortunatly there were a few stares.  i say take him and if need be rush out the back door should he scream.  you can always stick a boob in his mouth lol.  if it were my funeral, id say bring all the kids, its a time to remember with a smile.
i guesss im going to have to take him. i doubt he wil do anything hes good if hes eatting. the only time he really cries is if hes really hungry. its a very touchy situation, perty, but thank you for your kind words. i just hope i have enough for him to eat!
i think that a precious little infant can do much to give people a little hope at such a difficult time. if he's fussy you can step out. otherwise he may be a welcome distraction after the service.
i think you should take him, he sleeps alot right? try to keep him up a while before, and make sure he eats well, and hopefully he sleeps through the whole thing, i went to a wedding when my dd was a week old, i was nervous she was going to cry, and she did start to fuss and i just quietly let myself out and watched from the back....