Maternal & Child Community
Fussy Baby

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Fussy Baby

Open Forum if necessary.
Just wanted to share with all the new moms out there. My DD is 4 weeks old and goes thru very very fussy time between 6pm and 10pm. Last night we turned on the vacuum cleaner and the darn thing like put her in a trance! We ran it for about 2 hours. She didn't sleep but just laid there and kicked and was actually happy. We were able to eat dinner together(first time in 4 weeks). My cousin burned up 2 vacuums doing this with her DD. I thought she was crazy but it does work!

Another question for those that had C-sections. When were you able to have sex. I am only 4 weeks out but am feeling good and might like to try it.

Edye
Im not sure what my dr told me about sex after a csection, but i know i had it before my 6 week appointment. I think it was around the 4th week. Just be carefull....you dont want irish twins....or do you??!! LOL
you can buy cd's now with "white noise" and the such...this would be better than running the vaccuum for 2 hours....HTH
Where can I find the cd's with the white noise?
here are a few websites that have them:

http://www.yourfavouriteshop.com/
http://www.purewhitenoise.com/
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/earplugstore/whitenoisecds.html

HTH
my doc said its ok as soon as you stop bleeding providing you aren't having any incisional pain.... go for it girl!! :o)

good tip on the vacuuam cleaner. thanks!! Conner's 3 weeks and he gets fussy around that time too so I may try the vacuuam thing tonight. :o)
I think I waited about 2 months but with my incision I always didnt heal right away
They say it takes 6 weeks to recover, no lifting, stretching
and you would probably be suprised how many muscles are attached to each other.I think I would wait the 6 weeks they give post op directions for a reason (although it doesnt say having sex)

As for the fussy baby hey you do what ever works!!
Does she get fussy same time every night? Screaming?
Maybe she has a touch of colicky?
you know what we did tonight? we turned on only the extension to the baby moniter (the part where you hear the baby) and didn't turn on the base... it makes a noise like when the radio station isn't tuned in... we turned the volume down low and put it a foot away from the baby's head.. he was asleep in 5 minutes- no joke. how cool is that?
Hey that is cool. I am for whatever works. I am going to try to find a CD of the white noise.
Guess what we did last night! WooHoo. No pain or anything. This maybe too much information, but I really needed it. I needed to feel like I wasn't just a Mom. I love being a Mom and I love my DD dearly, she is our miracle baby but I needed to feel like a woman again. Everyone have a great Saturday!!

Edye
i so know what you mean. i was feeling like that myself. not sure DH knew what hit him. LMAO. :o)
Babies can be fussy at certain times each day.  It's their way of letting off stress.  It could be colic too.  My friend made a tape recording of a hair dryer.  You could tape 10 mins here and 10 there, untill you have a full tape.  She would then play it to sooth her cranky baby.  When my granddaughter was very small, she had a 'womb bear' that would play sounds in the womb.  It worked great.