GBS
I am currently 8 weeks and 4 days and was shown the baby on an u/s with a strong hb of 166. OB did an internal and everything looked good cultures came back negative except it says I am positive for GBS. They say they give me penicillin during this trimester. Has anyone else had this? And if so, what was the course of action that their OB took? How soon did you get it? And should I be concerned at all? I feel kinda embarassed about this, but what I read it says that this is normal flora in the vagina that is caused by fluctuation of hormones. Is this true as well?
group b strep.  I had it with my pregancy only issue is they can test you now and you have it but you might have it during delivery.  Push for an iv antibiotic during delivery.  I have one with each of my babies because with my first I had it and she almost died for pnuemonia.  spent 13 days in nicu
was worried about you lately as you have not posted much after the spotting incident.  Can't help you with your question, but glad that you are doing well.  I just a bit ahead of you at 9w 3 days, sono today measured a day behind with a strong hb.  She did not say how fast but asured me that it was fast enough and very strong.
I tested + for it with my first child. They administered IV drugs during my delivery and it hasn't been a problem during any other pregs.
thanks all. They put me on ampicillin right away and said tey would give me an iv as well during delivery.
Hey I am 26w pregnant and had a horrible pain in my lady parts so went straight to the hospital they examined me and the baby all was fine so they decided too take a vaginal swab, and it has come back GBS positive.. I don't have a bloody clue what it is and the midwifes have told me its nothing too really be concerned about but iv googled it and I think I'm scaring the life outta myself. Can anyone else relate or tell me exactly what it is as I am actually going mental x