Maternal & Child Community
Gas or baby movement?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Gas or baby movement?

I am having a hard time distinguising between what is gas or other stomach bubbles and what is my baby moving or kicking. I am 17 weeks and I haven't been able to tell if I can feel him/her yet. But I was just sitting here and I felt a couple pushes and what felt like gas bubbles moving around. I just don't really know what to feel for because this is my first. Any feeling coming from my tummy I am blaming on gas, hunger, or other gross bodily noises. Can anyone describe what it feels like?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I'm pretty sure those 'gas bubbles' are your little baby moving inside of you. That's about the time when i felt my dd. It feels like popcorn popping. I felt my current baby move a bit earlier this time around (or it's just that I knew what to expect...and knew the 'gas like feeling' was my baby kicking)
Enjoy them...they just get better and better!
Blank
16045_tn?1340291533
I'm 17 weeks too and I've been wondering the same thing!  I thought that I have been able to feel the baby moving, but I too wonder if it's bubbles or what.  Though, it does really feel like something actually moving in there!  I sure don't feel it too often though.  I'd like to feel it more for reassurance.
Blank
300987_tn?1219987265
Ya, I think until the kicking or movement gets stronger, I will still think it's gas. I can't distinguish...I feel dumb. Hahaha...I have read on other sites that women should start feeling their baby consistently around 20 weeks. So a few more weeks and I should be able to tell.
Blank
gurls!!!! gas bubbles usual just pop "once" in ur stomach and they usually do that around the belly button and above. if the movements u are feeling are popping over and over and its below ur belly button, its more than likely ur baby. it sure does sound that way to me expectingredhead. It should feel like quickening movements and gliding sort of. Try this....put ur palm falt againt ur cheek, then rub ur tongue in circles all around your palm from in the inside of your mouth, and tap your palm a few times with your tongue, if the movements u are feeling feels similar to that on your palm, thens its your lil kicker letting you know, am in here!!!! Congrats!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...