Aa
A
A
Close
1796190 tn?1315578694
Genetic testing in pregnancy
Hello I am curious if it is safe to have a genetic testing procedure done at 5 in half months of pregnancy. The test that I am having to decide to do is called cordocenteses it is were they will draw blood from the umbillico cord to check for down syndrome . My concern is that early in my first trimester I have bleeding because the placenta was having trouble placing it self correctly , I was prescribed meds. to help heal the problem and everything has been good for my pregnancy . I have taken the double and triple test as well and I have had wonderful results for those test . I am scared if I should do this genetic test because I am almost 6 months and from what I have heard the genetic test are normally done in the first trimester . I am a American citizen but I now live in Serbia and the I am very nervous on how the medical procedures are done here it is very different from what I a m use to in the States . If you could please give me some insight it will help me on my deciding on what I should do .
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank