Genital Herpes and Pregnant
Right now I am 4.5 weeks pregnant....finally.  I do have genital herpes and I have an outbreak right now. Will having an outbreak affect the fetus at all?

my aunt had herpes while she was preg and she had to have a c-section so that she wouldnt pass anything to the baby but that all depends on if you have open active sores. but through the pregnancy the baby was find. You might want to check with your doctor and see if you can still take the meds.
My sister has herpes and had a perfectly healthy baby.  You just need to talk to your doctor about when you have an outbreak.  My sister had her baby vaginally and did not have to have a c-section because she wasn't having an outbreak at the time she went into labor.  Good luck to you!!
A very close friend of mine had gen. herpes too. She had not had any breakouts in years, with the exception of one every once in a blue moon (at least, that's what she said. Apparently, the longer you have it, the less breakouts you have, or they aren't as bad?)

Anyway, she was put on medication the last two months of pregnancy to help insure that she wouldn't have any breakouts during the last stages before delivering. She delivered vaginally, with no problems. I think she had one breakout early in her pregnancy, and the doctor said it could have been caused by stress or because her immune system was weakened due to being pregnant.

I would just talk to your doctor, and see what he/she suggests. I don't know if you have anyone else you can talk to (friend, family?) but she confided in me when she needed to talk about it, because noone else knew that she had it. It was very emotional for her to NOT be able to discuss her fears with someone. So I hope that you have someone TRUSTWORTHY to confide in, who can help you cope.

I wouldn't worry too much, but just be honest with your doctor and know that your baby is fine inside the placenta. If you DO have sores while you go into labor, they will most definitely do a C-section so as not to infect the baby as it travels through the canal.

Hope this helps, and best wishes!
mgi
according to most docs
It is only dangerous if your first breakout ever occurs while you are pregnant AND  you have bad lesions at time of delivery

be sure to tell your doc to see what he thinks
I have also read the same thing - that it's ok.  I have heard that they won't give you the meds to get rid of them, b/c they could be harmful to the baby, but that they will freeze them off if possible.
if you have a outbreak at time of labor they will do a c-section...your baby should be fine.