Maternal & Child Community
Geritol and Folic Acid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Geritol and Folic Acid

Hi My name is Lisa i have been ttc 4 abouy 6-7 years now! I been taking 1 geritol and 2 folic acid everyday start in november of 09 it now january 2010! can anyone help me please i just want a my first baby help please! does this work? Does anyone know anything that will get u pregnant?
It's good to take vitamins (which is what Geritol is) and especially to take the folic acid (which is a B vitamin) in advance of getting pregnant.  But vitamins don't make you pregnant, they just give you a body ready to support a pregnancy.  

If you have been trying to conceive for 6 or 7 years, it is time to talk to your ob-gyn and/or a fertility specialist, and to go over everything from your health to your timing.  Your husband should also be tested.  

Good luck!