Gestational Sac Meaning...
     Does the presence of a gestational sac mean I am pregnant? The ultrasound dated the sac five weeks and one day, but when I asked if I was pregnant or not, I got a strange answer. The ultrasound tech said she could not answer that question for me and that I would have to talk to my doctor. Well, I talked to a doctor, and the doctor said it seems like I am pregnant. What ever happened to a yes or no answer!! I have had three positive pregnancy tests (two urine and one serum). The doctor gave no special instructions or anything. I am so confused right now, so if someone could just tell me whether or not I am pregnant, that would be a start...
A gestational sac means that you were at one time,  and may still be,  pregnant.

It sounds like the doctor has some concerns about the viability of your pregnancy.  If I were you,  I'd call back and ask for a better answer,   with a more detailed question than am I pregnant.

Ask if so far the pregnancy appears to be completely healthy,  or are there concerns you may be miscarrying.
5 weeks 1 day is early to do an ultrasound. They will be looking for a fetal pole and a yolk sac, but if they don't see much, they won't know if they were just looking too early or if there really is nothing in the amniotic sac.  Have they scheduled you for another ultrasound, or for two blood draws 48 hours apart (beta hCG tests)?  In the next ultrasound they should be able to see if the embryo is developing, and the hCG tests will indicate whether your numbers are rising consistently with a developing pregnancy.
The doctor said my hCG levels are good. He said it was just too early to see anything on the ultrasound, and that everything is progressing normally... WHEW! I was so scared that there was something wrong! He didn't call me back until yesterday, so I was left in the dark for a while... Considering a different doctor. Don't know if I can handle that every time I have a question!! Is switching doctors a bad idea?? I have no idea what I am doing here! =D Thank you to you both for you replies! They gave me good ideas on what to ask the doctor when I did hear from him!!